my hotwheels collection is growing

hotwheelsdisplayboard001.jpghotwheelsdisplayboard002.jpg

Each Display board hold about 50 cars. All of the cars slide in from the top. They are made with a 1/4" hardboard backing and the front wood that is visible is cheap 1"x2". The 1"x2" could be done with any wood that a person wanted though.

do you have a better shot of that board? thats incredible, I love it.

I was just going to go with a pegboard but I like that much more.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored one day at Target so decided to go down the hotwheels isle and found a Black Datsun 510 [N4040] so I just decided to look around and picked up an R32 GT-R [P2476] a Black Ferrari 250GTO [N4008] and an Acura NSX [P2388]. Fixin to head out later today to see if I can find anything else intersting...and that is the extent of my collection.

do you have a better shot of that board? thats incredible, I love it.

I was just going to go with a pegboard but I like that much more.

VRT- that is just a cell phone pic, so let me see if i can get a better picture this weekend with the camera.

It took me a while to get the dimensions to work out nicely so that the cars were not binding as i slide them into the slot. My first few boards are a little tight, and the last two or three fit very nicely.

• 2 months later...

I have done it many times. Acetone, it's a paint thinner. Pour it on the back and it will come right apart. Use a little Elmers to reattech it cuz it dries clear.

I have done it many times. Acetone, it's a paint thinner. Pour it on the back and it will come right apart. Use a little Elmers to reattech it cuz it dries clear.

cool ok next stupid question is there a way to remove the grafics and leave the paint under it alone? what i want to do is make my spare black one clean and paint all the details that hotwheels didnt find important like the tail lights bumpers chrome trim stuff like that

cool ok next stupid question is there a way to remove the grafics and leave the paint under it alone? what i want to do is make my spare black one clean and paint all the details that hotwheels didnt find important like the tail lights bumpers chrome trim stuff like that

If it helps, there is a couple you tube videos on detailing the 510 Hotwheel.:)

it might help.

I thought I had a dececnt collection at about 1000 , but I havent collected in a couple of years, they just sit in boxes, collecting dust. I thought about going through them and keeping the ones i like, and donating the rest to a childrens charity of some sort. I dont need them.

But sounds like some of you guys goit some collections going...

I thought I had a dececnt collection at about 1000 , but I havent collected in a couple of years, they just sit in boxes, collecting dust. I thought about going through them and keeping the ones i like, and donating the rest to a childrens charity of some sort. I dont need them.

But sounds like some of you guys goit some collections going...

How long have you been collecting? I know how easy it is to get a thousand. I have 5 or 6 big storage bins full of them. My idea was to go through them and thin them out as well. I think i'll mainly just collect the Datsun/Nissan ones, plus some of the muscle car ones.

How long have you been collecting? I know how easy it is to get a thousand. I have 5 or 6 big storage bins full of them. My idea was to go through them and thin them out as well. I think i'll mainly just collect the Datsun/Nissan ones, plus some of the muscle car ones.

My collection started in about 1998. Probably have 2500-3000 now. And now i am in the same situation as 1lo620, what do i really need all these cars for. Should consider selling a few, although a childrens charity donation would be cool too.