New member new truck

SurgeL320

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I had no idea datsun people were so devoted and helpful. Seems like everyone respects others choice in how to keep their vehicles . I swear muscle , hot rod , rat rod, etc are so freaking judgemental and are quick to point out differences in something that doesnt fall perfectly into that category :mad: :mad: . On another note- I plan on attending all meets and shows once i get it running. :D

I finally got it home! We left at 5 , arrived home at 1:30am :eek: . It was supposed to take 2 hours but we did it in 8 :mad:! Boy did we run into some trouble :eek:.

Im too tired to explain but here are some pics of it still on the trailer.

GetAttachmentjgh.jpg

GetAttachmentl.jpg

I already know i will need to rebuild the brakes system as rear tires are SEIZED, grrrr :mad: :mad:

Ill leave you guys with a question . What is my motor swapped from vin# L18 625somethingsomething

Edited by SurgeL320

The hard part of getting my truck running after 10 years was pretty easy . Im having problems with the brakes , the e-brake was engaged for the entire time it sat and the back wheels are seized.

Is there a trick to removing the hubs ? I tried starting it in reverse and it helped to loosen them but i dont want to break anything.

There is no pressure on the clutch pedal at all , does the clutch work by hydralic , cable , or both?

I kinda need help on this one so i appreciate any tips

Welcome!!! There are five 320s located close to You. SWDP is restoring one in Montclair and Ron at California Mini Truck Dismantlers (also in Montclair) has 4. You shouldn't have any trouble getting local parts and advise. There are more 320s in So. Cal. Chris owns one as does a few other guys on here. One in Crestline and another on the coast. Mark has done just about anything to a 320 You can think of. I'm sure after work He will come on here to help You with Your brake issue.

Finally, in August will be SWDP's second annual Bar-B-Que in Fontana. I hope You can attend. Take care, Mike

I don't think the early Datsunss have the threaded helper holes on the drums. My 521 didn't. It was a bitch to get them off! I almost gave up hope. But in the end the BFH and beating the hell out of them did the trick! Lots of PB blaster. And wear earplugs!!!!