Rubbermans 620 KC

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Slam. I don't know about the 5 point harness Bonvo. I might later, but for now, it'll be the factory belts. I've been so busy with work lately, I can't find the time to finish up my doors. Instead of working this weekend, we're taking off tommorrow for camping at a VW show all weekend. We go twice a year for this show and haven't missed one in about 7 years, but I wouldn't mind missing this one to finish my truck. The wife and kids ain't having that.

Thanks Slam. I don't know about the 5 point harness Bonvo. I might later, but for now, it'll be the factory belts. I've been so busy with work lately, I can't find the time to finish up my doors. Instead of working this weekend, we're taking off tommorrow for camping at a VW show all weekend. We go twice a year for this show and haven't missed one in about 7 years, but I wouldn't mind missing this one to finish my truck. The wife and kids ain't having that.

Rusty you better keep that wife and them kids happy , and you no you do not want to break tradition ....................

Here's some pics of the 78 parts truck I picked up. It was hit in the rearend and the guy pulled the motor and then let it sit. He said the factory A/C was working great when he pulled the motor. That's the only reason I got her, cause there ain't much worth using on her. If the frame wasn't bent, then I'd hold on to it incase I found a 77 or earlier to swap the cab and bed. I'm gonna strip her down, if it's reusable then it's coming off before she goes to the crusher.

Picture118.jpg

Picture119.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture123.jpg

ooh! I see dash/instrument panel plastic! I needs! is it in alright shape?

OOH! I see a radiator overflow tank and washer fluid/motor! They any good? I needs!! All the ones I see in the junkyard are sun rotted and crumble when you touch them.

OOOOH! I see a engine compartment light and switch setup. I NEEDS!

Oh... what about the lower right side of the Bed!?... I need that piece in the corner just behind the rear wheel and right next to the rear blinker/tail/stop light assembly. It should be spot welded on and a 90deg bend where it meets the rest of the bed and is welded together.... if it is in good shape I would love to exchange some monies for it. It could just sniped/sawed/hacked off above the spot weld. I think the '78 should be the same as the '76 body.

:drool:

Had my local Nissan dealer try and locate me the back brackets for my bumperettes, and he did manage to locate one here out east. Not sure which side it is, to lazy to look it up right now. Part #85203-B5100 I think it's the passenger side? Cost me $28.00 for an OE bracket. I have plenty of scrap metal laying around, so I'll be making one exact opposite of this one.

Picture136.jpg

i am pretty sure you are going to have the nicest 620 in the southeast man. Funny that a/c setup is completly different different from my set-up in the 1974. I bet there are tons of different dealer add-on setups on these trucks. When its all done can i drop off mine? :lol:

Thanks Charlie, I also have a aftermarket underdash unit and the compressor for it is alot smaller than the factory one. I've been on the look out for another project. I want your B210. I'd luv to find one like yours. If ya come across any down that way, let me know.

Thanks Charlie, I also have a aftermarket underdash unit and the compressor for it is alot smaller than the factory one. I've been on the look out for another project. I want your B210. I'd luv to find one like yours. If ya come across any down that way, let me know.

there is one right down the road from me. he posted on craigs once but hasn't since. it's a dogleg 5-spped just like mine. i can look into if your interested. that quater dent is the only bad thing about it.

b210-green.jpg

Had my local Nissan dealer try and locate me the back brackets for my bumperettes, and he did manage to locate one here out east. Not sure which side it is, to lazy to look it up right now. Part #85203-B5100 I think it's the passenger side? Cost me $28.00 for an OE bracket. I have plenty of scrap metal laying around, so I'll be making one exact opposite of this one.

Picture136.jpg

that looks just like the ones I pulled off my 520, could you measure the distants where it bolts to the frame and where the bumperettes bolt on, center hole to center. I want to see if they are the same for the 520. thanks

Edited by 420n620
changed it from 620 to 520
there is one right down the road from me. he posted on craigs once but hasn't since. it's a dogleg 5-spped just like mine. i can look into if your interested. that quater dent is the only bad thing about it.

b210-green.jpg

Hell yeah Charlie, I think I remember seeing that at one time, but I was starting my 620 project so I didn't look in to it. See what he's wanting for it. Thanks.

what I got is 2 3/4" where it bolts to the frame and the measurement for the bumper is 11 1/4". So it sounds like the 520 bumper bracket is differant then the 620. Thanks for taken the time to do that.