1959 datsun 1000

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a printout from Spokane Craigslist last year of a '59 Datsun 1000 located in Rosalia WA (south of Spokane). For some reason, I remember it going to N. Idaho, although I don't know why I think that - maybe someone from there listed it on eBay. I wonder if it is the same car?

Len

The CL price on the '59 I saw was $600. I think it was listed there for awhile. Seems possible the actual selling price was lower. Anyway, reasonable for a pretty rare car, although I'm remembering it may have been missing the title, which never helps the price.

OT, but I'm going to mention anyway - my neighbor still has a early '60s Toyota 4dr in "pasture" condition. It was going to be crushed last year, but the collapse of scrap prices saved it for the time being. I keep thinking a Toyota looney might love to get it. I find it kind of sad that a somewhat rare car that has survived over 40 years will end up crushed. If anyone ever talks to fans of That Other Japanese Make, you can tell them about it. Price will probably be around $300, and may have a title.

Len

Guest jaimesix

Datsun 1000. That is cool. Is this the Dastsun 1000 as sold in Australia and NZ???

Very popular over there, and a very cool car.

Here a pix of one, indeed one of my dream Datsuns!

23284290355_large.jpg

A nice sedan 4 door datsun 1000 :

23284290357_large.jpg

An Aussie 1000 daily driver:

23284290356_large.jpg

Race 1000 ride:

23284290195_large.jpg

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix

Probably not as popular as other models, but there are definitely a few more being done up these days.

One that just got sold;

gallery_193_1275_10675.jpg

gallery_193_1275_82751.jpg

EDIT - scrap that, the ones above won't be a 59 model thats for sure, they were 67-68 I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I want it that bad!!! But my wallet doesn't... ugh this is killing me.

Who knows, I've seen this for sale many times, and no one has bought it yet. So maybe if I sell an idea to Hollywood... it will still be for sale when the windfall comes!

Thanks for posting this! I will contact the guy just to set up a line of communication. So when the time comes...

Scott

That one has been for sale for years. I looked at it '01 and he was only asking 1K at the time.

:eek:1000 bucks?

Well..add this to your list of shoulda/coulda/wouldas.:cool:

I would love to see one of these things really done nicely.

Not just rebuilt or restored..but DONE UP.:D

I would love to see one of these things really done nicely.

Not just rebuilt or restored..but DONE UP.:D

Me too! Modern day suspension/drive train/brakes, AC, electronics, etc. Like they do the resto rod thing on the American cars.

There is a finished hot rodded one in NY state. I was shown a pic where it was in the background. It was bright orange with a big blown V8. Wild

I would like to do a replica of one of the 2 they raced in Australia in 58. Took 1st and 3rd in class.