!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My New Ratsun Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys so i have been looking for a four wheel drive 620 for awhile now i dont even know how long its been and ive also talked about makin the longbed into a wheeler.But hey i was looking around last week on the portland craigslist and found this kingcab sitting in tillamook and god what went through my head i dont know.But i called the guy and told him to hold it that i lived in eastern oregon and i was on my way and would meet him in the morning.So me and a bunch of my buddy's all went down there to the coast and had a good old time but who doesnt its the coast.Well the next day when i saw the truck i instantly fell in love with it i know it needs work and all but omg its amazing in my eyes. Anyhow the truck is a 78 king cab sitting on a 720 fram not sure what year were pretty sure its at least a 84 now the motor i am still trying to figure out cuz everything appears to be a nap z 2.4.But what throws us off is the dip stick is on the intake side when on the z motors its normally on the exaust side so idk what to say.Not just that its not even the dip stick for this truck but who knows on the subject anyhow so i dont know really.Its got the nap z head with 8 spark plugs for sure but only using the intake spark plugs its got an old electric dizzy on it off the L motors so im still trying to figure out what the fuck it is cuz its throwing a loop for me.I would really appreciate it if u guys could help me alot its got work that i need to get done to it but what datsun doesnt and the motor only has 50000 miles on it so that tells u something and it drives like a champ.

04011148.jpg

04011149.jpg

04011149a.jpg

04011149b.jpg

04011150.jpg

04011150a.jpg

04011150b.jpg

04011151.jpg

04011151a.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck!!

Is there a plate in the driver side of the block or on the passenger side?? I mean...the ID plate for the block.

If it is under the intake then it may be a LZ motor. If the plate is on the driver side then who knows. :D

Let me know what you find.

Look right behind the where the master cylinder is blocking...lol

04011151a.jpg

First, that is a Z22 head. Unlikely a Z24 head without some machining, Z20s weren't used on 4X4s.

Second, the dizzy is an L as no 720 Z engined truck used the 4 plug dizzy.

Third, the exhaust manifold is from a 4X4.

IF the dipstick is on the right then that's likely an L dizzy, so the motor is likely an L20B block, and the 4X4 head has been put on it to keep the truck going. This would likely be an '81-'83 Z22 4X4 720 with a blown Z22. The block was removed and an L20B installed using the Z22 head/intake/exhaust.

Only problem is the very poor compression with this combination. L20B with Z22 720 head is 7.21 compression.

You could look just below the number 2 and 3 exhaust side plugs, on the top of the block where it meets the head. If it is a Z series block there will be a raised boss with a Z and the engine size stamped on it. In this picture it would be behind the front brake fluid reservoir if it is there at all. Don't expect to find it.

Kevin, I had to look it up, but the 720 wheelbase for short, long and KC are all 1.2" longer than the 620.

Edited by datzenmike
Kevin, I had to look it up, but the 720 wheelbase for short, long and KC are all 1.2" longer than the 620.

yup. Maybe my comment wasn't clear. I did mean what you said. The 720 wheelsbase is a little longer than the 620 cab and bed that are on it so it makes sense that the rear wheel looks set back a little too much. :)