73 X-Cab 620

shadrach

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the firewall should have the VIN stamped into it. See if that matches what your title says. I bet not.

VIN swap? :)

I don't think so on the trucks. There is a plaque on the driver's inner fender with the car number stamped into it. The car number is also stamped into the top of the frame on the pass side just forward of the motor mount. I can almost guarantee it will say KHL 620 and won't match the PL 620 on the fender.

If it has disc brakes it has to be a '78 then, it's not a '79.

Long beds were available from Sept. '74 for the '75 model year.

Edited by datzenmike

Mike, since we are on the discussion of dates and years, when did Datsun start there production for the year and when did they end. was they running the same time as the U.S. ??

For example: The U.S. auto makers say started theirs around September and ended around May the next year..

I would have to say July/Aug is the start of the next model year. Just an opinion. Many parts and optional equipment start Aug and end July. For example the FS5W71B 5spd is available as an option from Aug. '76 on. As it was only available on the '77 model it would seem that Aug of the previous year is the start of the '77s. Many parts are superseded with a new improved one on the new model year... usually around July/Aug.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
does it have disc brakes up front. probly so

I think ur right Phelb, antenna is on right side but

maybe the PO switched that also. :lol:

last year a ratsun member bought a 79 KC but the door tags said 73, he didn't bother checking until he had me come look at it, I mention wrong year for a KC, well that pissed him off and PO would not help him correct the mistake.

now it sits at my place and will be corrected later this year. :cool:

Yeah that bitch pissed me off when she wouldn't give me the title for that thng. The idiot that had it before her put a 1600 with a 4 speed tranny and used the door tags with the title from the 73 he got the motor out of to register the truck. It was licensed in washington, so apparently it was done after they stopped doing inspections. With the door tag alone and the matching title it could have possibly been transfered to idaho as long as the vehicle inspector didn't realize that it was title from a standard cab pickup.

420, i'm surprised you haven't posted a pic of that on here yet with the vin tag in the door showing.

YOu should sell that back to me so i can put that one on the 4x4, oops did I say that out loud.

Yes everyone, i'm putting my kingcab on a 1980 4x4 soon.

weaver the switch on the center is a battery shut off switch... there was a drain on it from somewhere seems to better now but still having issues. thinking its a wire in the ignition set up thats either fused itself to another or is grounding out will find out soon enough....

I kinda jealous of your truck, but I'm also extremely happy for what I have... First off I really want front disk brakes and you already have it. Second your dash looks extremely good. My 77 had a perfect dash until I used armor all on it. Now I have 3 cracks. I armor all'd it, a week later my first crack appeared. I also like your speedometer. Its MPH and KPH, all the truck's I've ever owned (73 - 77) all had just MPH. I go to Canada fairly often and its always a math exam trying to keep the right speed.

well thanks and yeah the dash i just picked up the otherday as my old one was cracked to hell... and the spedo i just picked up also... i may have another one that works soon with kph if you are looking for one... cause my room mate just picked up his 74 lil hustler and we picked up a bunch of parts also (he also got a sweet 70's datsun lil hustler patch included with the truck)