Lucas Sport Coil Q~

I saw lots of old conti cars used Lucas sport coil..

as stated in the ad...its generate up to 40,000 volt.

does this coil really improves performance on the engine?

i also heard that its durable..

MSD is hard n expensive to get here but this coil is easy to get here with reasonable price too

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as stated in the ad...its generate up to 40,000 volt.

does this coil really improves performance on the engine?

i also heard that its durable..

MSD is hard n expensive to get here but this coil is easy to get here with reasonable price too

lucas and durable... never heard them together in the same sentence :lol:

no noticeable improvement over stock (unless your butt dyno was recently calibrated)

MSD blaster2 coil? i have a new spare id sell (and ship)

lucas and durable... never heard them together in the same sentence :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: So true!!!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/lucasprinceofdarkness.jpg[/img]"]lucasprinceofdarkness.jpg

The Lucas Electric motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness."

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas makes the refrigerators.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.

Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb.

Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

A spark plug only needs about 10-15,000 volts to fire. A high performance engine maybe 20,000 volt, a turbo engine about 25,000 volts. Funny thing about coils and spark plugs, no matter how much voltage the coil can produce it never rises above the minimum amount needed to fire the plug. This means that the chrome 50,000 Volt Super Duper Flamethrower Turbo MSG II coil you just spent that money on is only firing those plugs with about 12,000 volts at idle....NOT 50,000. Even under full throttle turbo you are only using a little over half the coil's potential. As soon as the plug starts to fire, the voltage stops rising. It's always hard to resist buying shiny chrome engine parts. A chrome valve cover will make it run just as good.

Edited by datzenmike

Datzenmike...that there is some funny stuff man! :lol:

I have heard a lot of those, but not all of them! Warm beer sucks!:mellow:

I just have to say I agree 100% about the voltage required vs. voltage applied...

Anyone could hook their spark plugs directly to a 5Kv city line and they would still not need more than the required voltage to overcome the gap of any given plug.

However...:blink: I have seen some significant "butt-dyno" improvements with new "high voltage" coils. Some cars absolutely no response...other cars a bit of improvement and a couple times it really made things more zippy for sure.

Now, having said that, there could have been issues with the original coils in all of the "zip" improvement cases.

I would NEVER actually (on purpose) spend money on anything that Lucas makes...EVER! Unless it was a pair of those super cool ancient fog lights..but then I would never actually apply voltage to them for fear of melting my Datsun to the driveway.:D