Check this one out

Nothing here. Fooled ya! But seriously, there's a point to this thread. Now i hate being the whiney guy, but I'm getting a little tired of seeing all these threads pop up with just a link to a craigslist ad.

There's a damn sticky'd thread purely for craigslist ads. Use it.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are exceptions to the craigslist thread. When you find something especially cool, I think it should be fine to start a new thread!

A single thread for all Craigslist ads, whether its for an early 80s or late 50s or the exact Datsun you've been waiting for, is a bad idea. When they're listed in their own thread with their own title, you know whether to open the thread. With the craigslist thread you have to open every one to see what it is. With a separate thread, if you're not interested, just don't open it.

I completely agree with Orange620. The CL Sticky is just awkward. If someone comments on a CL ad (which happens often), it ends up mixed in with the next several CL postings. And people tend to just post a hot link to CL without saying what model it is, so you have to open the ad to see what it is. How about a separate category just for CL ads?

Len

I completely agree with Orange620. The CL Sticky is just awkward. If someone comments on a CL ad (which happens often), it ends up mixed in with the next several CL postings. And people tend to just post a hot link to CL without saying what model it is, so you have to open the ad to see what it is. How about a separate category just for CL ads?

Len

That is not a bad idea. I agree that the CL sticky is a tad akward but it keeps the for sale section somewhat organized.

how much for the nothing shipped to southern oregon. :blink:

I'll get you a quote next week ;)

That is not a bad idea. I agree that the CL sticky is a tad akward but it keeps the for sale section somewhat organized.

Japanese Nostalgic Car has a seperate section for CL ads and ebay auctions and it works very well to keep the other areas clean.

dont be knocking the craigslist sticky( pleb and i made it up) you should have seen the for sale section before hand..It was nothing but cl links:(

but i do agree we should put a listing of what the listing is so we dont have to click on everyone to see what it is like this

Nice set of 13" Prime wheels

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/1075026627.html

then if you want you can clickity click on it or just skip it:lol:

It needs to be cleaned often ... as in , once the posted add expires , the post should be deleted ... this will keep the CL thread easy to navigate ..

and not full of old expired adds ... :D

It needs to be cleaned often ... as in , once the posted add expires , the post should be deleted ... this will keep the CL thread easy to navigate ..

yea i like that idea so what every say like sunday at midnght phelb should clean it out and we all start fresh again bitchen Idea

and I would do it if i could but iam not a moderator so boohoo for me

That would be a lot of work if they decided to do something like that. Not only would the post with the link need to be removed but if you wanted to keep it clean any post thereafter that refers to that link would need to get removed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.