curious about value?

I am new to this forum,, but am wondering what a 1971 pl-521 truck is worth. it is a running truck, it has a good straight body with very minimal rust wich is contained to the bed area. it has 92,000 original miles on it but it is in desperate need of attention in the interior. the paint is shot, but it has not started to rust due to the primer still intact. i have pics. but do not know how to post with this. any help from all would be appreciated, i am interested in selling this and want to get a proper idea of what it is worth so i can ask a decent price and get responses to my ad.

thanks,, Terry

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks to all of you, i am located in the seattle area, i am selling this truck because my son didnt live up to his end of our agreement when we got this truck. it has sat for 2 years now waiting on him and i am tired of it just sitting. i want this truck to go to someone that will fix it up instead of parting it out. here is the link to photobucket so that you can see the truck. i have taken may pics of it including the areas where the rust is on it. and i must correct myself, it actually has 97,000 original miles not 92,000 as i stated earlier. hope this works.

enjoy,

Terry

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu92/terryaclayman/

Nice ride Terry....

Use the IMG code links for each pic...like this, copy and paste.

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN09242.jpg

thanks to all of you, i am located in the seattle area, i am selling this truck because my son didnt live up to his end of our agreement when we got this truck. it has sat for 2 years now waiting on him and i am tired of it just sitting. i want this truck to go to someone that will fix it up instead of parting it out. here is the link to photobucket so that you can see the truck. i have taken may pics of it including the areas where the rust is on it. and i must correct myself, it actually has 97,000 original miles not 92,000 as i stated earlier. hope this works.

enjoy,

Terry

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu92/terryaclayman/

thanks phlebmaster, i do really appreciate all of the help you have given me in the last couple of days . i am wondering if using individual links for the pics is why they come out so large, i thought that if i used just the one link that it would make it easier for anyone to view, i didnt want to offend anyone by putting up 11 links in 1 message for the pics. i will try using the individual links and hope that i wont offend anyone. i will put them in a couple of different threads so that it will spread them out a little more.

Have a Great day and HAPPY MOTORING,

TERRY

:D i had not planned on leaving the boat in the truck, my father gave that to me a couple of years ago after the doc. said he couldnt go out fishing anymore due to his health. i have been using it to keep the truck bed clean of clutter, i do have 2 kids at home still LOL. if the truck goes away then i will have to figure out what to do with the boat.

Terry:

my boy just came home from school, and i was telling him that i was thinking of keeping it and fixing it up for myself, and that didnt go over to well. he wants it sold thinking that i will take the money from it and buy him something different,, boy is he ever wrong. with the condition of this truck, it wouldnt take much to put it back on the road, new tires and some interior work and it is road worthy to me. i will have to talk to the wife and see if we can swing keeping this thing, it has actually grown on me. it is actually a nice looking unit just the way it is. the kid wanted to customize it by putting an acura grounds effect kit to it and removing the bumpers, kinda his own concept vehicle, i was willing to cut the kit and re-glass the pieces to make them fit for him but i dont know,, any ideas for mild custom on this???

the kid wanted to customize it by putting an acura grounds effect kit to it and removing the bumpers, kinda his own concept vehicle, i was willing to cut the kit and re-glass the pieces to make them fit for him but i dont know,, any ideas for mild custom on this???

NOOOOO Acura ground fx!!!! Get it running, fix the rust, lower it and put some Escalade wheels on it. He will love it

i must agree, i have taken the ground fx and put them up to this truck, and i think it looks like a backwards hillbilly type of thing,, ( no offense meant to anyone) i would like to get a nice rolled pan for the rear but will keep the front stock looking. as for the rust, i wil take care of that. YES YOU ALL HAVE CONVINCED ME TO PISS MY SON OFF AND FIX IT UP FOR MYSELF!!!!!.

Anyway, i have taken 1 hour so far and have the new door panels and the panel behind the seat cut out from oak panel and will finish it off tomorrow, will post picks when i finish this portion of the interior. Boy did i piss off a person hear in seattle, he wants to trade this truck for an older laptop and a lincoln stick welder saying that this truck is only worth 300-400 in its present condition. sorry for his dissappointment but i think i will actually enjoy driving this old jalopy around town as a toy.

will keep you all posted as progress continues,,, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT ABOUT KEEPING AND FIXING THIS OLD RELIC,, IT LIVES!!!!;)

Welcome! So awesome that you are keeping it! This is a dead ringer for my truck when I got it. Even the color! I got a crazy great deal on mine as the owner was moving to Fla and had to sell and with out a battery we had no way to tell if it ran. It did with a new fuel pump.

So, to help you with your son, tell him i got mine for $225 bucks, so that wouldn't buy him anything nearly as cool as what you already have in the driveway!

hey dat521kid, good to hear someone else got a great deal on a truck, this one was on CL 2 years ago for free, it was the persons grandfathers, he didnt lie it cause it would take to much to "pro street it" so he just gave it away. i picked it up trying to get my kid to pull his head out of ???? but after 2 years it still hasnt worked. but now tonight when i said that I was going to fix and drive it he states that he is going to pull his head out and if i want him to he will take it to the o.s.c shop and have the body done for me. too bad he forgets that dad is a certified welder with equipment in the garage and all sizes of sheet metal laying around the yard. LOL, anyway i will keep all posted as this is transformed back into a proper yet mildly customized truck

that is one sweet lookin rig, glad you decided to save it..

heres my 77 620 when i first got it

P6260064-1.jpg

only paid $100 for her

here she is the other day bein put to good use, haulin engines an crap around lol

Picture002-2.jpg

so you should take more pics for us man

well all, i am having to put it on hold for a short time, i just lost my mother in law wed. morning after a very difficult battle with small cell lung cancer. her death was very quick and unexpected, she had been doing chemo and radiation and was handling it well, but 2 weeks ago her brother back in ohio called her and started teasing her about the fact she has cancer and caused her to have a stroke. that punk will be dealt with. after thestroke she just gave up the fight and allowed the cancer to overtake her,, "GOD REST YOUR SOUL MOM". once we get all of her affairs in order then i will start to collect the money back up to start this project again, this truck is identical to the one she and my wife and the 2 oldest step daughters drove up in from central cali, she gave that truck to me for our very first christmas together. I will be looking for someone that does stencil work for acid etching, i want to dedicate this truck to her memory accross the back glass. if any of you out there does this kind of work, and can do the stencil for me at a reasonable cost please feel free to contact me at my email address wich you will find below. i truly want to make her proud of this truck as the one she gave me 17 years ago we could not fix up due to no paperwork from the original owner back in cali. he had it picked up and returned to him down there.when i got this truck she actually cried, she was happy to see that i remembered when she gave me hers way back then, so now you know the whole story as to why this has sat for 2 years waiting for my son to get his sh*t together so that we could fix it and let him drive it, i just wish i would have gone ahead and fixed it just so i could have actually given her a ride in it for old times sake.

THANKS ONE AND ALL FOR READING MY RANTS, I NEEDED TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST

TERRY

(terryaclayman@aol.com)

Edited by freebie1600
need to finish the story
  • 2 weeks later...

:):):) hey dat521kid,

i am now going to start firing this critter up, have got the oak door panel cut out, and am trying to figure out the color scheme i want to go with on this. i am going to the store today and look for material to use for the interior. i need to repad the dash, and re-upholster the headliner on her, and make inserts for the door panels. do you know of anyone that has made a custom full length floor to dash consle for one of these?? and do they have a template for it? i am going to the local j/y's to look for some low back buckets for this as i want to use buckets in her, any suggestions as to what kind of seat will fit proper in her? any and all help in finding the info. on these parts is appreciated, i am to used to doing chevies and am lost when it comes to this little truck in finding the right parts that will fit. any ideas on good color schemes that are close to stock colors that will look good for this vintage unit?, i am not sure as to original colors and the local dealership is of no help to me for this information. if anyone has the information i am seeking then please feel free to send this info on and i can make better decisions on what to use for her.

Thanks to all for your support in this project.

Terry:):)

i dont know of anyone that made a floor to dash center consle but someone here did install a center consle and i'll post the thread if i find it.. as for the seats i was trying to get my hands on some low backs from a vw but they are expensive cause they say they are from oval vw's and what not but i dont care what they came off i just wanted those cause i think they will fit better

check this one out and/or look into the 720 center consle

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1550&highlight=center+console

Edited by dat521kid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.