Sick 521 at blooddrag

airedout

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Fisch...sculpture is right! I went to bed last night thinking about ways to graft an old American rod dash into a 521...seems like it would be pretty straight-forward to me...given the time and space to do it part of course:D

I think that some "Fisch-art" would be in order on the subject of Dashboard swapping...but then there is that little part about time again:blink:

Sweet ride!

Damn Dwight, you beat me to it, I was gonna post that up yesterday. Been thinking about it since I saw it yesterday. Makes me want to tear mine down and start over. Just wish they would've put a different motor in; that little thing will barely turn those big ass rims.

Its cool for sure. Funtional not really.. But what I dont understand is how the hell do you turn with out raising it up it looks to be about 10 inches.

What makes you think its not functional???? You can easily get 13 inches of lift out of a toyota clip with stock arms. Hes running tubular arms, with s10 balljoints so if hes not getting 15 inches of lift he did something wrong. It could very easily be daily driven. Maybe you speaking on something you just dont understand???

Damn Dwight, you beat me to it, I was gonna post that up yesterday. Been thinking about it since I saw it yesterday. Makes me want to tear mine down and start over. Just wish they would've put a different motor in; that little thing will barely turn those big ass rims.

You should have seen it in person, very nice. The builder wasnt sure what the owner had planned for the motor, it will more that likely be swaped out eventually

What makes you think its not functional???? You can easily get 13 inches of lift out of a toyota clip with stock arms. Hes running tubular arms, with s10 balljoints so if hes not getting 15 inches of lift he did something wrong. It could very easily be daily driven. Maybe you speaking on something you just dont understand???

You are right I didnt understand it. I really didnt realise you could get that much travel and it still be safe and usable. So if Im understanding you, you can get that truck to come up 15 inches to clear the rims and still have a descent ride? What about camber? tire wear?

Also is this a body drop? if so why isnt the engine sticking out of the hood? like 99% of the people I see doing this.

You are right I didnt understand it. I really didnt realise you could get that much travel and it still be safe and usable. So if Im understanding you, you can get that truck to come up 15 inches to clear the rims and still have a descent ride? What about camber? tire wear?

Also is this a body drop? if so why isnt the engine sticking out of the hood? like 99% of the people I see doing this.

Yes its a body drop, and yes the cab floor is not raised any higher than stock. 99% of people that you see doing this are hacks, its as simple as dropping the motor mounts, and sometimes reworking the oil pan. When setting up an adjustable suspension (air or hydro) you build it not only to be low, but to have the correct suspension geometery at ride height. Camber, toe, and caster should be taken into consideration.

That truck is on a full frame, with a toyota clip. There is nothing stock about it anymore. Its got a full sheet metal floor (maybe 1 inch higher that stock). 521's need 3 inches of body drop to get the rockers on the ground, you can get 2 inches out a shorter frame rail, and lowering the body mounts. After that you need to raise the floor just a touch (with a 3 inch frame rail, any thinner is not safe).

Just wish they would've put a different motor in; that little thing will barely turn those big ass rims.

HAHA I thought the same thing :D One thing I always thought would be cool is to do a turbo setup on a super old datto motor, like a J series :D Not to make it fast just to do it. It's on my "must do before I die" list :D

HAHA I thought the same thing :D One thing I always thought would be cool is to do a turbo setup on a super old datto motor, like a J series :D Not to make it fast just to do it. It's on my "must do before I die" list :D

I got a j13 you can buy if you want. Complete and runs great :D

while 15" of lift is possible, and would definitely clear the rims and tires for turning, Its not a height anyone would ride at. Full or even near full lift is typically very stiff and never recommnded. But this point is moot to all but the driver. Just air it up when in a parking lot or wherever you find yourself turning the wheel that much. It is possible.

The 521's floor pan definitely has room to come up and the body mounts down. So a BD without channeling or excessive cutting is very possible. Stock floor to laying rockers with a shorter frame is likely very close.

Ive personally never liked the way the larger rims looked on a 521, but thats me. All in all, Id like to see what this looks like when its finished. Most minis that have a ton of money dumped in em COULD be daily driven, but most arent... wouldnt want that 15K paint job gettin a rock chip ;)