620 chrome grill

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:Dhey thanks 73dat and fastdadd i will be ordering my grill first thing in morning...i cant belive how awsome ratsun is..i only wish i would ve heard of it sooner...i just heard of one of my friends getting jerked hard on a grill i think it was like 175.00 or 200.00 so this is great....im gonna get two...:D:D:D

u may want to call and ck, i just did they r not available any more...even thou the website says in stock, give them a call, they tried to sell me the painted grill, ck before ordering..:)

What about having one chromed? Lots of plastic things that we buy are chromed, and lots of trim parts on newer cars seem to have plastic chrome parts. Could a local chrome shop do something like this for us? Is it some very special process that nobody does anymore? Special process that involves no heat?

Also, i have never seen a early 620 grill that was chromed, all i have seen was the late 78/79 style. That would keep me from running one, but if we could get early grills chromed?:D

I remmember about ten years ago This custom helmet painter was doing it on helmets in the same quality of chrome these things are. I have one on my truck and I like it but the chrome does leave something to be desired. I dont see why it cant be done with a used grill as long as it wasnt dinged up. There would be some prep time but there is plenty of 620 grills laying around. I love the idea of an early 620 grill in chrome sweet idea:thumbsup:

What about having one chromed? Lots of plastic things that we buy are chromed, and lots of trim parts on newer cars seem to have plastic chrome parts. Could a local chrome shop do something like this for us? Is it some very special process that nobody does anymore? Special process that involves no heat?

Also, i have never seen a early 620 grill that was chromed, all i have seen was the late 78/79 style. That would keep me from running one, but if we could get early grills chromed?:D

There are a number of shops around that specialize in replating plastic parts for automotive restoration - link to one of them is below. I've never had anything plated that wasn't plated to start with, but I'd guess that the biggest issue might be the quality of the original surface - when metal parts are chromed, the piece that's to be plated has to be polished to a mirror surface before plating is done, as the finished surface is only as good as the quality of the polished surface on the original part.

http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

The vacuum metalized finish on your product is not chrome and will scratch as easily as a painted surface. The finish has been protected by a top layer of urethane paint with U.V. inhibitors. This top coat is just like the top layer of paint on your vehicle and will scratch or chip just like the painted surface on your car.

Might as well paint it. Real chrome plating won't scratch like paint.

I agree the pre '78 grills look best and factory gray or black are best looking. (imho) I did see a chrome grill on a bright yellow 620 that looked good. Maybe chrome 'blends' with light colors better and doesn't look so BLING! Hey, it's just me. I don't like big flashy chrome wheels either, too flashy and detract from the vehicle.

Edited by datzenmike
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone post some pictures of these grilles they want? I have a warehouse with a bathroom full of 70's Datsun grilles, and do not know what they all go to. I think some of them are tagged, but they are buried under buried under buried.

somemoregrillesandcowls.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.