Ka24e 5 sp Mount Question

1969DATSUNMan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if the tranny for a truck/240sx is different, so I'll assume theyre the same. You can buy a crossmember for the job, make a crossmember for the job, or drill some holes in the floor and use the stock one.

The crossmember I'm using mounts to stock holes, but uses a 280zx (I THINK) mount that bolts to the stock placement for the tranny. Looks VERY easy to make if you take some measurements.

Dude I wondered what happened to you :D We need some pics to be happy :D Carter sells a crossmember, he should be building a new batch in a week or 2. I've personally never used the truck trans you have, I've used the zx with nap z bell in my truck and done the s13 "C" trans (big shifter or "H" box) and done an s12 trans with KA bell. They all seem to be pretty simple, we use Carters brackets when every he has them in stock, it just makes it simpler. Even though building one isn't that bad.

Being new here, can you guys tell me who Mario and Carter are, and a website link if possible?

I'm considering a KA swap for a 1200 sedan that I have my eye on.

Thanks,

John

Both of them make parts for 510's I think you may have to look at Datsport or an Australia company to find 1200 fitting kits.

Buy that 1200 and get some pics up!!!

Here are some pics of Mario's real nice work.

prjKA02.jpg

prjKA18.jpg

Looks good, but I would put another piece across the bottom with a round hole in the center to make a relief for the bolt. That way when you scrape crap, it won't snag that center bolt head.