Getting the rear crank seal on?

Skib

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't RTV it, factory doesn't. I don't care for that stuff, inevitably pieces end up in the oil pan and collect on the pick up tube screen. Dip it in oil and install carefully so the lip doesn't fold under. Once started place a block of wood over it and carefully hammer on. Finnish seating it by tapping in with a wooden dowel in a crisscross pattern.

Or use a drift.

Go to the auto parts store and get one of those size specific oil filter "sockets" Get one of the same diameter as the outside of the seal. You can hammer on those things all day, and what did you spend, a few bucks?

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: :cursing::cursing::cursing:

if they gave me a 4cyl then 2 diff napas an schucks all gave me the wrong part

You should stop shopping at those crappy parts stores! Your car club (NWZ) has a great discount at Baxter's and their parts guys are usually knowledgeable!

Skib, I'm not 100% sure because of the vidio angle but it looks like ur putting the seal on backwards. :confused:

if its on wrong, you'll be doing a # 5 seal. YIKES

Edited by 420n620
<**********>
cut it lol :D

i made progress today so i feal a bit better lol

They just tap off. Oh well... didn't know you had an auto.... If I had I maybe would have thought of that. When I sent that crank dimention I got it off these:

With:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Tranny/motorZ24crankauto.jpg[/img]"]motorZ24crankauto.jpgWithout:http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Tranny/motorZ24crankstandard.jpg[/img]"]motorZ24crankstandard.jpg

Skib, I'm not 100% sure because of the vidio angle but it looks like ur putting the seal on backwards. :confused:

in that vid ya, it was just to slip in on there to show that it fit.

automatic turbo FTW!

more like another reason i hate autos :fu:

They just tap off. Oh well... didn't know you had an auto.... If I had I maybe would have thought of that.

lol first thing Steve asks "did it come from an auto?" and told me about the cap

then there was the oooooooohhhhhhhh moment :blush: