Mystery: Can you name this engine? Or anything else?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that it's a Panhard. Unless it's a heavily modified one body-wise. The script doesn't match any that I've looked at,and it's in the wrong position. The lights look like they are off of a mid-80's Buick Lesabre. There are humps/bulges on the tops of both fenders.

I'll keep searching.

*EDIT......yes dammit please tell me what that is an put me out of my misery.......

**EDIT the blue pics below look like a cross between a 356 and a Citroen.

Edited by JFX001

FWD air cooled twin that was equipped with roots type s/c for LeMans. Likely had Porsche or VW engine transplant. This is a '63. Kind of beautiful for it's day. Looks like a Chevy Monza.

63-2.jpg

63-4.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
I'd say actually from the dizzy its more clearly a subi. Don't Porsches run one sim and then another cocked tot he side? Also those valve covers are anything but Porsche style

Here is a 80's subi DL, notice the dizzy location and valve covers being almost exact.

dsc00056_XWD_PakWheels(com).jpg

not to mention the radiator hose

ethetwh.jpg

Y'all ready? Here are some pics. This is about the most MADMAX thing I have seen in a while!! I will post the total verbal description after someone nails the body make. And yup evrything is way modified!

Jeff's dad has a quote that is prolly signature worthy! "My Dad always says there is a fine line between total performance and total destruction."

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

as i was trying to say before my coumputer shut down this moter was used in all GL and some loyel and the brat cars some were front wheel drive but most most are 4wheel drive they also use this moter in some kit plans they delete 2 cylinders:fu::fu::fu::fu::lol::lol:

Jeff says, " was looking through my pics and found some of my Dads car he built in the late seventys,

Note that he says LATE SEVENTIES. I don't believe the Subaru Boxer engine existed then, but at work without my handy-dandy JNC reference.

Not a roadster. I'd say a butchered AC Cobra kit or something British.

Edited by ppeters914
Note that he says LATE SEVENTIES. I don't believe the Subaru Boxer engine existed then, but at work without my handy-dandy JNC reference.

You believe incorrectly. In 2006 Subaru celebrated the 40th anniversary of its own boxer engine. Preceding this cars build date by over a decade.

I agree with you about the body.

I was hoping it was not a butchered Cobra...but if it is...Oh well. :rolleyes: I guess it would be better than a butchered Roadster. :D