full exhaust prices

I stopped buy a local place here today to price out what it would cost to put a brand new exhaust system on my 720 ext cab (my flowmaster setup is loud and driving me crazy) I was quoted 250.00 from the y pipe all the way back with a magnaflow muffler 2 1/4 pipe. Seemed reasonable to me as that's quite a bit of work involed. Says he can tuck it up tight and up and over my crossmembers. Whatta ya think price seem about right?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, it would be worth the drive to go see Lee at A-1 Muffler on Hwy 99 just North of Tigard. He did my 510 2.25" exhaust, tucked as close as possible, with a flange at the transmission for $160.

I plan to take my 620 to him when I get the new engine in the truck.

Luke, it would be worth the drive to go see Lee at A-1 Muffler on Hwy 99 just North of Tigard. He did my 510 2.25" exhaust, tucked as close as possible, with a flange at the transmission for $160.

I plan to take my 620 to him when I get the new engine in the truck.

Yea that's a much better deal for sure did that include a good quality muffler? If so that's a smokin deal for sure. I just searched and I could not find a phone #

Edited by jesusno2
Yea that's a much better deal for sure did that include a good quality muffler? If so that's a smokin deal for sure.

He installed a quality USA made turbo muffler. I'm very happy with his work. I would guess a KC truck would cost a bit more because there is more tube involved. But not double!

I paid around 150 for a full exhaust back in Al, but it was always shoddy work and I would have to go back 2-3 times with each can to get all the holes rewelded.....would have been worth the extra $$ to have it done right the first time, plus it's not tucked worth a DAMN, you get what you pay for!

I'd say that 250 is a decent price IF, you're getting a good brand name muffler (flowmaster, magnaflow, borla, ect), and IF the guy does really clean work. (check out some of the other jobs in the lot to make sure they looks straight, no burn throughs on the welds, ect...)

I bought a muffler for $50 NIB on Craigslist, and paid $120 for a local shop to install from the y-pipe all the way back.

DSC01718.jpg

Luke is it mandrel (SP*) or crush bent tubing??? I spent about 250 for a combo crush/mandrel tube system from the Vband collector back with a used borla muffler (was on the car for 6 months) on my wagon. thats about going rate for down here

Clayton

He installed a quality USA made turbo muffler. I'm very happy with his work. I would guess a KC truck would cost a bit more because there is more tube involved. But not double!

Lee is Awesome!! I live just down the street from his shop. I stop in about every few weeks just to shoot the sheit with him and check out his vintage dragster, etc.

I've only heard good things about him. I've bought individual pieces from him too, like a dual 4" tip, 3" dia, 4' long sections of THICK tubing (he says he doesn't mess around! :D)

My exhaust does have thick tubing. When I put the engine back in a couple weeks ago, we forgot to check if the exhaust flange joint at the back of the transmission was lining up as the engine was going in. When I looked under the car, it was already in place!

Lee does great work!