My new 620 project

Dat620guy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since I posted anything on my project. I figured it's time. Since being layed off from my job I haven't had much money to do what I want but I did get tires for my Pathfinder rims, lowered it some more, messed with some paint on the hood. Last night I put a dash in that has only one crack, I got from Ricky116. My old dash had a big hole in the middle and 5 cracks, so anything looks better in my opinion. I fixed some bad wiring one wire was melted that went to the fuse box. What I found out was someone put the wrong fuses in the block. there was five 20A and a 30A. It takes 10 and 15A fuses. I wouldn't of known that except I got a fuse cover for it from Ricky116. Thanks for that too, it helped. Plus there was some questionable wiring that was added to the harness that didn't go anywhere but was tied into the ignition wireing. Don't know what they were up to. Now it's all cleaned up.

thedatlowered.jpg

datsunhood.jpg

Truck looks good! U need to paint yer drums black tho:D I really like the look of that interior. I had a blue one just like that. That is a great shade of blue. You should keep it the stock color. OK enuff of me telling you what to do with YOUR truck:D

loks great man, nice job on the hood. i need to get mine that low!

Thanks Charlie, the hoods not done yet but it is a good start in my opinion. I love how easy it is to lower these trucks. Plus after I lowered it I got a full alignment and it is perfect.

Truck looks good! U need to paint yer drums black tho:D I really like the look of that interior. I had a blue one just like that. That is a great shade of blue. You should keep it the stock color. OK enuff of me telling you what to do with YOUR truck:D

Thanks Doug, yes I need the drums painted. someone got a little carried away with the silver paint on this truck. I wish the truck was still blue but who had it before me was crazy for messing it up like this. I would of left it blue. Now i'm going to "at some point" get a gallon of satin Italian Olive Green and get it done. I have a little body work to attend to before then. they tried to fill the bed lines with bondo. Now it's cracked and rusting. So i'm going to clean then out and leave them. It looks better.

• 1 month later...

Looks good to me. If it is possible strip it down so the door jams and all can be painted. It always looks so much better if you don't see one of the bright factory colors when you open the door inside the jam.

Looks good to me. If it is possible strip it down so the door jams and all can be painted. It always looks so much better if you don't see one of the bright factory colors when you open the door inside the jam.

As the weather gets better I plan on getting all that stuff taken care of. I know what you mean about painting door jams. It is sometimes overlooked.

Well today I got out and worked on the truck some more. I decided to tint the windows and get that out of the way. I've never tinted windows before so doing them on this truck seems like a good start. I can't believe how easy the windows come out.

datsuntinting3.jpg

datsuntinting2.jpg

datsuntinting6.jpg

I wish it was still that blue.

datsuntinting1.jpg

datsuntinting.jpg

datsuntinting4.jpg

datsuntinting5.jpg

They are not fully done yet. The tint has to set and I need to do some fine cutting to the edges. They'll have to sit in the sun for a bit so they will be fully dry. I'll have more pics and a finished shot soon.:D Plus thank you 78kingcab for helping get this done.

Edited by Dat620guy

I've finished the window tint job. It turned out better than I thought. The only thing that was a pain was putting the rear window back in. It kept fighting with me, but 78kingcab stopped by and helped get it in.:)

random040.jpg

random043.jpg

random041.jpg

random048.jpg

Here's a before.....

thedatlowered.jpg

and after......

random049.jpg

random051.jpg

random052.jpg

I decided to paint the cowl while I waited for the window tint to set.

random032.jpg

I love paint remover, it makes things much easier...:D

random034.jpg

all cleaned up.... Well I can't find my finished pic, but I have this one you can sort of see it on the truck.

random051.jpg

Sweet, whenever I get done playing in the woods with mine I'm gonna fix it up.

Probably gonna go for the ever popular "Batman" look.

Satin black krylon on everything, tint that's only legal in Colorado, etc etc.

I have been reading the yellow lights thread and wanted to do them, so today I said "Damn it i'm going to have yellow lights.". So I bought some Krylon yellow glass tint at Micheal's and Bam yellow light:D

Datsunyellowlights.jpg

datsunyellowlights2.jpg

Also no more chrome eye lids.

I have been reading the yellow lights thread and wanted to do them, so today I said "Damn it i'm going to have yellow lights.". So I bought some Krylon yellow glass tint at Micheal's and Bam yellow light:D

Datsunyellowlights.jpg

datsunyellowlights2.jpg

Also no more chrome eye lids.

wow not to shabby there kevo....lights look really sweet yellow... and way better without chrome eye lids...GOOD WORK. keep it up...oh ya get yo azz over here and yellow out my lights...:D:fu::D:fu:

wow not to shabby there kevo....lights look really sweet yellow... and way better without chrome eye lids...GOOD WORK. keep it up...oh ya get yo azz over here and yellow out my lights...:D:fu::D:fu:

Oh now you want yellow lights?:D:fu: j/k