KA24 in a 200sx at the yard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

240sx then?

it didnt really look like a 240, im used to thos, worked on a few. maybe it just looks weird cuz theres no front bumper cover and stuff. could be a coupe tho. the motor looked clean is what i noticed most lol

it didnt really look like a 240, im used to thos, worked on a few. maybe it just looks weird cuz theres no front bumper cover and stuff. could be a coupe tho. the motor looked clean is what i noticed most lol

its possible it is a 200 with a KA, all you have to switch is the harness if memory serves me correct.

Ill be out there tomorrow to. just thought one of you truck for dime guys might want to pick up a good looking KA :D

didnt all the s12's come withe ca18, ca20, or maybe vg? the two I had were the ca18 non turbo with 8 spark plugs.

S-12 through '85 had CA18ET and CS20E engines the VG30i was added in 07'86 through '88.

Sentras had nothing of note until '91 when they got SR20DE (FWD) and in '91 a GA16DE was added.

Edited by datzenmike

1989 model year car. First year 240sx (S13) IMG_0125-1.jpg

The maroon car probably has a GA16DE. Throttle body on top intake runners down behind and under into head.

IMG_0127.jpg

Here'a a '91 SR20DE Stanza. Throttle body under intake runners.

engines001Large.jpg?t=1233448592

S-12 through '85 had CA18ET and CS20E engines the VG30i was added in 07'86 through '88.

Sentras had nothing of note until '91 when they got SR20DE (FWD) and in '91 a GA16DE was added.

The vg is actually a vg30e not a vg30i, only the pathy and d21 came with the vg30i and are throttle body injection. The vg30e's are multi point batch fire.

Its such a perfect budget project lol, just toss a vg30et in there. Looks better the a sprinter if done right costs next to nothing and with a possible and again cheap 200+hp turbo v6. I'm shocked so many people drool over the s13/14 and ignore the s12.

Ya the small one there is the GA its like a baby KA24DE in my opinion, almost identical castings. It like the fwd KA&SR poses more annoyances then its worth to use in any real application though.

Are KA24E's rare there or something? Clean or not its about a $80 motor here. Same with the DE's people close to give them away around me.

Are KA24E's rare there or something? Clean or not its about a $80 motor here. Same with the DE's people close to give them away around me.

there not rare but i see a lot of 510/truck guys swapping them in place of their L16/18's, I posted it up in case any of them are looking for a swap

there not rare but i see a lot of 510/truck guys swapping them in place of their L16/18's, I posted it up in case any of them are looking for a swap

Ya, that's prob what it is, there is no real practical application on my end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.