KA24 in a 200sx at the yard

Did I say that? :o

Ah a typo I'm sure, just for future readers :-).

Skib, when I say my end I don't means z's but the north east. There are few to none on the datsun pickup front and just about anyone swapping a 510/SX motor is going sr/rb. I didn't take that into account when I asked if they were rare, forgot you guys have a good supply of datsuns to use them with.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey skib, get any prices?

what do you need prices for?

Can you take a picture of the rear tail lights? I need a left side tail light assembly. Find out how much they want for it, please.

for the 240sx?

Ooops, forgot to say which car, lol. Yes the 240. Thanks.

im uploading some pics now

and now that i have my parts

heres the address and number for the yard

947 S Pacific Hwy

Woodburn, OR 97071-5942

(503) 981-0966

Edited by Skib
Are KA24E's rare there or something? Clean or not its about a $80 motor here. Same with the DE's people close to give them away around me.

Lemme know next time you come across such a cheap engine. I know a couple 240 guys around my way but they always manage to forget to tell me when they know of a deal that they aren't buying. The last time it happened was right after I bought my ka24e. Buddy told me about a ka24de for like $200. I passed because I just got an engine. What he neglected to tell me was that it was for a complete, running, convertible 240sx. Other friend snagged it. Suffice to say, I was unhappy.

Damn talk about a deal lol. I'd be upset to have missed it too.

I'm helping a friend build his 1st motor which will be a ka24det and he just bought one for $100 with 100k running and one for $70 150k running for cores and parts. We picked it up like 2 miles from my house. Last sat we picked up a 5 speed in ny state I think he paid $120 for it and the block. The junk yards I hit last Friday had one I think he wanted $150 for it, 110k running. All that said they are here, if you don't mind the 4 hour ride I'd have no prob letting you know what else turns up. There was a fwd KA too.

That same friend will be selling his ka24e and auto trans soon too if you would like another of those. I'll look for the junkyards number tom too you can call and see if that de is still there. He said some kids were going to come check but never hurts to ask.

Oh dang that's in woodburn! Right up the road from my work thanks for the addy I'm calling in the am about those parts. Was that a 5 spd car?

ya dude its right off 99. the car is full of the front body parts so its hard to see but it looks like a manual trans. hit me up if you head over there ill come give you a hand if i can, its like 10min from my house.

1989 model year car. First year 240sx (S13) IMG_0125-1.jpg

The maroon car probably has a GA16DE. Throttle body on top intake runners down behind and under into head.

IMG_0127.jpg

Here'a a '91 SR20DE Stanza. Throttle body under intake runners.

engines001Large.jpg?t=1233448592

omg is it so? do i really get to do it???

mike im pretty sure (atleast in the us) that stanza's came with ka's an stuff.. not sr's.. the 91-94 sentra se-r and the 91-93 nx2000 and also (i think starting in 90) to pretty recent G20's had sr's also, they continued on in the 200sx se-r from 94-98 i think and then there was a b15 sentra 2.0 from 98 to i believe 01 that also had the sr.. all the nissans had limited slip trannys.. vicous tho.. an only the G20T's got a lsd other wise it was an open diff..

the engine that skib took of that b15 sentra is prolly a GA18DE.. altho i think they still used the 1.6's.. the 1.8 was really common..

Ya its a moot point but true, usa got ka's in the stanza. I thought he was just giving an example of another motor though?

I have a non wiki question :-), are the tbs the same between the fwd ka in the stanza and rwd ka in the 240sx? I know L series folk love the rwd ones but I'm unsure of the fwd are the same or not. There are like 3 at the last yard I hit I could nab, since people always seem to need them.

I also just noticed it was a l28et you found skib congrats on that. It looks really clean too.

I'm still hunting for either of the 2 f54 blocks for my own use.

Ya I have one to use on mine too but I think I'm going to run a cable. I think we have touched on it in another thread. The pic of hokes l28 pre vg......

Its not the size per see that concerns me but the linkage. It looks positioned oddly but maybe that's because I had just toked and poked. Was cold and in a hurry lol.

If you or anyone could confirm it either way I'd be mighty appreciative.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.