Datto510's new wagon project

datto510

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice I'm almost done with my ka swap in my goon. Was that car on craiglist? I thought I seen it their? Is that a auto?

Yeah, it was on Craigslist. It has a 4 speed in it.:mad:

I do have a KA I was thinking about swapping into it, but the L is in the back and could be put in the car really easily. Still thinking about the KA though.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::blink:

That reminds me of a joke.......

"You wanna lose 10lbs of ugly fat?"

Cut off your head!!

Yeah... But it requires the removal of your head... :D
Edited by datto510
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally rolled the wagon into the garage today. Started sorting through boxes of disasembaled engine.

SANY0263.jpg

SANY0258.jpg

I have crap spread out all over the shop. I think everything is there to make a complete L-16! The block was just back from the machine shop and has been boiled and re-ringed and has new main bearings. I orederd a gasket set from Rock, just waiting for it to get here for assembly.

SANY0257.jpg

SANY0264.jpg

I knew there was a hole in the floorboard so I pulled back the carpet and found this.:mad: I am gonna clean it up and pop rivet some aluminum in there with a nice bead of 5200 marine caulking. SANY0261.jpg

SANY0262.jpg

As a bonus, this was under the seat!! :D:D

SANY0260.jpg

too bad you already started putting money into that old L16... I was gonna suggest you bring your crossmember over for surgery for the KA.

Does that mean you got your welder? :D

I only spent about $85 on gaskets and other little things, God knows I got plenty of other L engines around here that those could go for.

The KA is gonna go bye-bye, I have decided to "master" the L-engines before I tackle the "big" engine swaps. You gotta learn to crawl before you learn to walk!

Trade you a bad ass Sir Mix-a-lot tape for a 521 driveshaft.

??? shit man... dont get rid of the KA, I tried to buy it from ya and you said HELL NO! Me and the family could make a weekend trip down there after we fab up your crossmember... and yeah got the welder, burns SO nice. I'd love to give you a driveshaft, but im not sure if I still got one... I'll have to check.

Dont go rushing into the wagon... you got 2 other datsuns, use that KA, you got too good of a deal to let it go. Call me and we can discuss it.

• 1 month later...

Update!

I SAVED A DATSUN!!

It runs! I drove it from my house in Ilwaco to Seattle last night(exactly 199 miles)...... I didn't even break down! :lol:

Now all I gotta do is get my heater to stop blowing cold air!

SANY0286.jpg

SANY0289.jpg

Gotta have the knockoff Club when parking downtown Seattle.:D

SANY0290.jpg

The wood floorboard is temporary and just to keep me dry.:lol: I have some replacement floorboards that are gonna go in there.

ha

i posted in the other thread and then seen this one

Good job man! I remember seeing it in person with nothing lol. I bet it would shine pretty good with a lil bit of time under the buffer

I don't want this one to shine!:D Trust me, It will never be a show car. Now I just gotta lower it, install the Hella lights, and rock it!

Its just for my long commute back and forth to Ilwaco and to keep me from putting too many miles on my 4 door. Its getting a little tired.:mad: