Pork's '62 VW Single Cab

Aight, just got my first Datsun 521 and I threw up a thread in the truck section, but I figured I'd post up pics of my daily driver. Been into minitrucks since I started driving, but I also got bit by the VW bug shortly after and have owned at least one VW ever since. This is a '62 VW Single Cab. I bought it in 2007 and it sat for a while before I cleaned it up a little, did a little wrenching on it and started driving it daily at the beginning of 2008. A couple months later, after gathering parts, I pulled it into the shop for some lovin'.

I had an 1835cc w/dual Weber 40 IDF carbs built for it and had a late beetle IRS trans rebuilt as well to go in it. The entire rear suspension has been swapped out for a beetle IRS suspension and I stepped the control arms to get the desired drop out back. The front suspension has been completely rebuilt/replaced. I ordered a 2" narrowed and adjustable beam for it and narrowed it further to about 4 3/4". I flipped the spindles with all new king pin bushings and seals to finish of the drop. The frame has been notched up front for tie rod clearance. The truck has also had the entire electrical harness replaced. All the work except the engine and tranny build was performed by myself, a couple of friends and my dad. Future plans include, front tubs, larger tie rod notches, shortened center pin and another 1 1/2" of drop front and back.

Here it is on the trailer, getting ready to leave the property where I found it:Image018-1.jpg

And this is how it sits now:

DSCN1401.jpgDSCN1397.jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...