quick scammer question....

Llittle_Llama

has anyone ever shipped anything out of the country? I have a guy on another forum paypaling me money to take a set of wheels to houston (5 hours away) to drop them off and have shipped to him. he is paying me 50 for packaging 50 for my time and 100 for the wheels. i am taking them there and dropping them off. apparently he pays the shipping once he gets them and it seems a little hokey, but he has a pretty good post count on there and has been there for almost 4 years so it SEEMS ok, but you never know. any thoughts would be appreciated. here is the last of several PM's i got from him: (ps.) he lives in belize mexico....

ok will make payment this evening when i get home from work.

the boxes need to be labeled with recipient and contents.

Label:

name removed - Sterling Freight Services

Energy Freight Systems

address removed

Houston, Texas

Contents:

4 x Ford Explorer wheels @ $25ea

Each box needs to have the label and the content list, so if you use 4 boxes then it is 1 x Ford.... on each box.

Thank you very much.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have to drive 5hrs to drop them off to be shipped? Also, why are you doing it fo $50, thats a 10hr round trip!

the freight company he uses is there, and i dont work so i thought 50 would not be that bad really. Also I just mapquested it and it's 3 and a half hours each way, so 8 hours total i assume you know finding the place and getting gas and eating and all.

Edited by dwnshfter
You're right Shftr. Something is really fishy here. I wouldn't trust this guy one bit. Everyone knows that Belize is south of Mexico.

lol, I said that not him. I know it's in the mexico "region" that's all. but if you guts think not, then I will just wait and sell them locally.

Belize is lower central America. Past Mexico. Formerly British Honduras. For shipping out of the country, I would demand all money up front and wait until it clears before sending him the items.

Seems like a scam to me. Like there aren't any Ford Explorers sold down in Mexico or British Honduras? Hell, Ford has plants in Mexico to build the Focus', so you can imagine they might have one of the most common 4x4s ever built in abundant supply.

had a buddy trying to sell his computer on craigslist, and the guy sent him a fake paypal confirmation email that looked pretty real. The email mentioned the item that was being sold (which paypal does not do) and said he would have to ship it before the money showed up in his account Luckily we caught it and told him to fuck off, but check the email carefully if you're suspicious

Edited by Dudeman

GET THAT MONEY FIRST!!! YOU'RE AN HONORABLE PERSON, BUT NOT EVERYONE IS.

IF- HE MAKES PAYMENT, THEN- SHIP.

Not worth the hassle any other way.

Local buyers and sellers are always the best way to go. (unless it's someone here- they're cool too....)

sent him an email saying i was out, and he sent one all crying about how he has wanted them for SO long and im the only one selling them (that is kinda true, there off of an 07) but i think imma pass, im broke, but not THAT broke, lol. thanks ratsun! :thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup:

You can get screwed by PayPal too. I would take the check for full payment. Then just wait for 3 weeks before shipping stuff no matter how much he cries.

These days it doesn't take two weeks to find out a check is fake. Also, mention to your bank when you deposit it that you're unsure if its genuine. Don't do PayPal overseas!

the paypal is what i was worring about, I was more afraid that he would get the parts and then say he never got them, i had this happen once before with wastegate that sold on ebay to some jackass in africa. sent it and never it "never" arrived even though it had a tracking number. lost the part and the $$ FUCK!

A person can also just use a credit card with their PayPal account. They can have their credit card company reverse the charges.... then possibly cancel their card and/or paypal account to stop further investigation. PayPal is so huge they just don't care.

Who's going to Pay now, Pal? :D

I've been lucky i guess. All good business on eBay. except for a cheap lamp once. $5 lamp, $10 shipping. the guy throws the lamp in a box with no packing material. Arrives shattered and so he offers to refund my five bucks for the lamp. Shipping cost him about $4 back then... :(

I sold a 280ZX air flow meter to a guy in Kuwait. Everything went great and he even confirmed the part worked in his car after he got it. He sent me pictures of his 280ZX with Kuwait plates.

sent him an email saying i was out, and he sent one all crying about how he has wanted them for SO long and im the only one selling them

Classic spammer behavior. Do not bother replying to him again.

I've quit allowing craigslist buyers to email me as I've received an initial inquiry that sounds legit followed by long-winded-bad-English-like-Nigerian-scam response. I say call me. Result is fewer responses, but no scammers.