NOS lower control arms

damon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NOS part doesn't mean much more than they are clean. Are they the early ('68 - early '70) or late (late '70 - '73)?

If early, they bushings are no longer available. That would make them worth their scrap value. If late, maybe $30?

its weird. I was looking for some used ones to rebush and swap into my car so I wouldnt have to have the car apart for longer then the install time.

So I call a friend of mine and ask if he has any. He says sure. So I go meet himand He hands me a pair of brand new never been installed. He got them from a dealership that was closing. So I was wondering what I should compensate him.

The NOS part doesn't mean much more than they are clean. Are they the early ('68 - early '70) or late (late '70 - '73)?

If early, they bushings are no longer available. That would make them worth their scrap value. If late, maybe $30?

Parts America (Schucks website) has listing for lower control arm bushings front and rear, but I never thought they were different from early to late. All the parts info I have they're the same bushing, though the crossmember holes are different for early being they're down lower or higher than later year 510s, can't remember which direction.

The early cars have different LCA bushings and smaller ball joints. This is not an opinion, this is common knowledge 510 stuff documented in many places. I would not rely on what you read on Kragen's web site to be definitive. I had the early stuff on my '69 wagon. I swapped it for the later stuff from a '72 parts donor. The LCA bushings are very different and are not cross-compatible.

Normally I wouldn't trust Schmucks website either, but seeing as I'm NAPA I called in (off today), and our chassis book shows the same LCA bushing for the front also, so apparently that is incorrect? Seems odd they and us would have wrong info, but I also haven't owned any 510s earlier than late '70.

You don't happen to have a picture of the two bushings for comparison, do you?

Normally I wouldn't trust Schmucks website either, but seeing as I'm NAPA I called in (off today), and our chassis book shows the same LCA bushing for the front also, so apparently that is incorrect? Seems odd they and us would have wrong info, but I also haven't owned any 510s earlier than late '70.

You don't happen to have a picture of the two bushings for comparison, do you?

Whatever you're looking at is wrong. There are at least 3 different style LCA's and the oldest style had different bushings than the later. There are also early vs late style steering knuckles and ball joints 11mm vs 14mm.

That's all well and good, but what I'm curious to know is why the aftermarket manufacturers don't know that, or don't acknowledge it from the two very common sources I have. (NAPA and Schmucks)

Energy Suspension has only one kit to fit all LCAs for 68-73 Datsuns also. (7.3107) All the Australian Datto sites I look at only mention one bushing.

It just seems odd to me, hence why I was looking for pictures and/or dimensions. Is it possible other lcas from a B210 or something were put on the 510s with these smaller bushings? I want pictures!