1992 Nissan SKYLINE $ 15,000. Sacrifice

I must sell my Favorite Car , my 1992 Skyline GTS type M , rear wheel drive R 32 , charcoal black metalic , ( looks black ) , with a gray cloth interior , Body and interior stock, 34,000 Kilometers , Many performance modifications Greddy single turbo , waste gate , blow off valve , incredible sounds, 4 inck full greddy Exhaust Stainless , not loud until the turbo kicks in , then its Fast +Furious tokyo Drift , OHH YEAH its no joke ! Centerforce clutch, Hawk Brake pads , stainless lines , Yes its RHD 5 , speed 18 inch gt 10 `s by SSR`s beautiful! $ 15,000 firm Must Sell 516-225-6474 or 516-771-0454

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photos, Thats great, The car has a clean New York title , its titled as a 1992 Custom, its registered and insured and inspected, passes the emission test which for a custom titles vehicle in NY is a idle emmission test , When I bought it it has a clean Pennsylvania title . Penn. titled it as a 2003 Special construction vehicle , They do things a little different in Penn. I registered and insured it here in NY , but would not Pass the emmisions for a 2003 without the OBD stuff so I went through the trouble cause i wanted a real inspection , to take it in to the NY DMV process to change the title to a 1992, it took awhile but I was driving it the whole time, the New York DMV and all the divisions involved declared that the Pennsvlvania Vin tag# is good , That the car is indeed a 1992 and titled it as so . I figured I would tell the whole story , Pennylvania pretty much over stepped thier authority and titled this car and New york had to go along ,No Bond letter is needed, its was titled in Penn, issued a Penn VID # , was then titled in New york and changed to a New York custom title . Everybody knows that it is difficult to get a Skyline Legal , now there is a ban on these and I was told its illegal in NY ( I was told this by Albany DMV ) But being my car went through thier inspection process , they were satisfied. Yup , Clean NY title , just don`t run through the hallways at DMV that your getting your " SKYLINE " registered , it could set off flags and alarms ! I have diven this car for 3 years and put 4,000 Kilometers on her , She is a sexy beast, and i just changed the oil with Valvoline full Syn. I was laid off from my job for a while thats why I really need to raise some money. I am happy to take someone for a ride , but I`m driveing . I hope it goes to a good home. Thanks

Its insured with Haggerety for $ 180.00 a year for $ 20,000.. coverage, its insured as a 1992 Custom Skyline . Set at 9 pounds of Boost , in the winter + cold its best not to spool it up , really has to much power, In the heat of summer with low air pressure it will start to hook up a little in 4 th and by 5 th top Rpm it seems like its spinnin the tires but if say A guy gets the jump on you you will probably pass him by 5 th gear.I never counted the rear ratio but I think its like in the 4.00 because on the parkway in 5 th its reving like 3,500 revs going like 60 mph so its set up for sprints.

It is Absolutely not Illegal , It was titled by the Pennsylvania state police, and I registered it in NY and for emission purposes I had NEw York state police do a full inspection and change the year to its actual year , a 1992 ,+ they did a VID # verification , So its titled as a 1992 Custom , not by me or some kid down the block in his garage but by the state of New York police Dept. There is no title or Vehicle ID # BEtter than one thats issued by the state.... but i can relate to the rogue cop philosophy , just say you live in a town that has had a problem with a certain car , Every time they see one they pull it over, In my town a few years back , that car was a RX2 Mazda, if the Man saw you driveing one , you were getting pulled over , Legal or not you were getting fully checked out, but just to make it clear. , if you get pulled over in this Skyline the only ticket you will get could be possibly a ticket for no catalytic converter , other than that you will be driving home. A state issued Vehicle ID # or title is 100% legal , but burning rubber sideways in third and 4th is not .!

I am so Broke$$$ that I will listen to any offers that somebody might have , I am not saying i will accept them , but i might . + this car has a serious stereo system with CD , Amp + cd changer + programable face plate, I just play the radio but its all there to Jam out !

Powersliding through a course or around cement pillons is not as easy as it looks , sure any monkey can spin thier wheels and slide around but to do it on a course or in a building like the movie takes some skill, thats why that kid Tanner Faust did most of if not all the stunt driving in the scenes. One reason the Skyline is so popular is because it has so much power its easier to wreck it under power than not to. I have been powersliding in cars since I was 10 , so now at 45 , thats 35 years of going sideways, so I think its for amatuers too, but I know very little..

I would say its gently driven in winter, and raced on the street from time to time in the summer ( you know when Vettes and GTo `s and Mustangs pull up + Rev thier motors.) ) I usally slaughter Hondas and acuras + other imports so far ) Only a few times have i ran it all out 8500 in 5 th , but you want a car that runs perfect, not something that needs additional tuning to get it right . I have never just holeshoted and burned the tires drift style through all the gears, I like it and really just spool it up and shift it before the rev limiter hits , But you could beat the crap out of her after you buy it , I do not think the little Skyline could care less. But hey , make sure you have some money left over in case of emergency or ask your employer hows the business going + hows your future .

I would consider a Datsun 510 or a 1200 as partial trade , like a decent running or Rotary powered car and some cash for the Skyline. Maybe even a RX2 or 3 would grab my attention.

rx5: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1010488265.html

starlet w/13b: http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/977805083.html

rx2: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1006902238.html

I would never even consider paying that for a 2.0 rwd "skyline" and honestly Idk why anyone would. I can def see the appeal of such a low mileage car though. 15k buys a lot, like a R32 GTR from Canada(which is not hard), or a c110, or even a project hakosuka, thats my .02.

Best of luck to you in any event. I will pass the word around since your local.

Edited by 72240z

Yeah but you cannot buy a car from Canada and then legalize it here ,Unless you know something I do not ,I have seen GTS`s on Ebay with a asking price of double , triple and even more than I am asking, but its all good , if you like it and the price isn`t outa line , it`s available , ( You know how much this car cost me ? you don`t want to know , when you want something its costs big ) The GTR did not give me the feeling I wanted, I like the back end fish tailing and sliding around it makes your brain work overtime.

Ya only you CAN buy a car in Canada and register it here and as I said its not hard. They are now and have been old enough for some time now. My friend picked up a 90km gtr for 16.5k(on ebay) and I buy and sell on ebay, I'm well aware of the costs. What you put in after the fact is a moot point. I myself was very close to getting a gti-r as well until I discovered it handles like a garbage can. All that taken into account I stand by my post.

Wanting low mileage rwd is very fine, its downright fun and regardless to each their own. That said though the 2.0's ONLY purpose was tax regulations based on displacement. The non economy model rwd had the rb25det. I only mention all that because your asking top dollar for the cheapest model. That was and is my point.

Sorry 2.0 rwd in that heavy car to me completely defeats the purpose of owning it let alone paying 15k. Poor mans imitation only you have to pay 15k for it? Idk how any one's making that puzzle piece fit but power to them.

Again I do wish you luck and if anyone I know is interested I will send them your way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.