Bay area Datsun/Ratsuners?

agentalpha

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gollum and I have a pretty regular group of Bay Area Z-folks that are all just awesome guys (and girls!), so if we want to get a big group together, we can make it pretty epic.

I've been planning a large, regular meet for sometime this spring/summer. It's a basic idea, but one that works very well, I think:

One person hosts a get together, providing food, drinks, and a space for everyone to safely meet, and in return everybody else donates something useful to the host's project. It could be a set of mirrors, a nice set of spark plugs, a tool, or just some proper expertise/work, it adds up pretty quickly. It's a great way to build up community especially when very few of us actually know each other.

The host is responsible for making sure everyone gets fed, the food gets cooked, the drinks stay cool, everybody stays dry (enough), and there's no trace that anybody was there at the end (obviously not doing all the cleanup themselves, but at least overseeing it all and making sure everything gets done).

If you guys are interested in this idea, I'll coordinate with Gollum and we can make it happen. Agentalpha, I'm definitely not trying to step on any toes here, but this is a pretty huge undertaking for one person to try to put together (believe me, I know) and Gollum and I pretty much have it down to a science. This could be a great way for the three of us to work together and get something great going on. Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, count me in on whatever date you guys choose!

Gollum and I have a pretty regular group of Bay Area Z-folks that are all just awesome guys (and girls!), so if we want to get a big group together, we can make it pretty epic.

I've been planning a large, regular meet for sometime this spring/summer. It's a basic idea, but one that works very well, I think:

One person hosts a get together, providing food, drinks, and a space for everyone to safely meet, and in return everybody else donates something useful to the host's project. It could be a set of mirrors, a nice set of spark plugs, a tool, or just some proper expertise/work, it adds up pretty quickly. It's a great way to build up community especially when very few of us actually know each other.

The host is responsible for making sure everyone gets fed, the food gets cooked, the drinks stay cool, everybody stays dry (enough), and there's no trace that anybody was there at the end (obviously not doing all the cleanup themselves, but at least overseeing it all and making sure everything gets done).

If you guys are interested in this idea, I'll coordinate with Gollum and we can make it happen. Agentalpha, I'm definitely not trying to step on any toes here, but this is a pretty huge undertaking for one person to try to put together (believe me, I know) and Gollum and I pretty much have it down to a science. This could be a great way for the three of us to work together and get something great going on. Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, count me in on whatever date you guys choose!

No No, Bro!

No stepping!:D

ALL GOOD!

And for a handful of us to put some effort into an idea would make it MUCH more worthwhile for all of us, and much more fun. I like the idea, but it might be a bit much for complete strangers to commit to. Sounds more like an organized club event to me, which I'm down for that as well.

Here's how it's going to go down, then. I'm creating an event, with a guest list and everything, right now. I'll post up a url so you can get on the guest list as soon as I'm finished. It's really important that you RSVP so we don't all drive off somewhere without you.

I want to give us a little advance warning this time, so Sunday April 5th is the target goal. I think a bi-monthly meet would be best for what we're doing, and this will just be to meet each other, get together, enjoy some pizza, and establish whose project we'll be going through next time. Link coming up soon!

Well, it may actually be easier for you to just email me at drummingpariah 'at' gmail.com or shoot me a PM here.

Edited by drummingpariah
  • 3 weeks later...

Again, not to distract you guys, but if anybody wants to roll up to the Sacramento area, I'm semi-organizing this event. April 19th Potluck/BBQ in Antelope.

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/246233-sacramento-april-2009-meet-bbq-potluck.html

Otherwise, I might be able to make it to THIS meet whenever we figure out a date and place.

• 4 weeks later...
Again, not to distract you guys, but if anybody wants to roll up to the Sacramento area, I'm semi-organizing this event. April 19th Potluck/BBQ in Antelope.

http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/246233-sacramento-april-2009-meet-bbq-potluck.html

Otherwise, I might be able to make it to THIS meet whenever we figure out a date and place.

I'm definitely down, if I can find a ride to it. I'm hosting another meet (probably in the Fremont area) in June as well, dates to be discussed.

hmmmm

It appears that the event organizer for this one says "banned" under the member name.

That was a major reason that I figured on just naming a time/place/location. He was taking the lead on planning a big meet/bbq but there were starting to be too many cooks in the kitchen and nothing appeared to get cemented. I figured a casual meet was a lot easier and quicker to put together and I was quite pleased with the end results of tonight. :)

hmmmm

It appears that the event organizer for this one says "banned" under the member name.

Umm. Did you quote the wrong event? Because Kait (my friend) and me are not banned. Here, 510realm, rx7club, zilvia or otherwise. I've never had an issue on any forum, and she's too new to cars to get herself in trouble on a forum anyway.

The event is happening as planned on April 19th (this Sunday), and will have a decent turnout. Hoping for about 20 cars and about 30 people as a safe early guesstimate.

Edit: I think you meant agentalpha, in which case I just saw he was banned (I wonder why...). MY event is still going on though!

• 2 weeks later...
Awww, I just missed it. How was the turnout? We're planning another for early June, and it looks like we'll be meeting at Lake Anza, followed by a drive down Wildcat/Grizzly/TBD. Should I organize this one?

i would be D.O.W.N. for that.

real close to my house i goto lake anza all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1005_stitch.jpg

True to my word, I've organized the meet in full. Please leave a comment and/or donation on my site (below) so I have an idea of who's showing up, and invite as many fun people as you can think of to join us ([single] ladies especially). If there are any questions, concerns, or suggestions, send me an email at drummingpariah 'at' gmail.com. If you don't know how to get to Anza, email me and I'll send you detailed directions and give you my cell number so you'll be sure to make it. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Here's the link for the official info:

http://car.scrapper-site.net/news/berkeley-ca-meetup/

Please, please, please, leave a comment if you're coming, and if you aren't going to bring anything, donate $5 (or whatever you can afford) so I can pick up supplies ahead of time.

Edited by drummingpariah