Bay area Datsun/Ratsuners?

agentalpha

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay guys because there have been a few ideas thrown out there here is what I was thinking...well Troy and I were talking and he drag races his Bluebird at Sacramento drag strip at most of the CMI drags (won the points in his class last year) and we were thinking about a fun run to the drags from the bay area and see if we couldnt have a little meet of sorts at the strip its $45 bucks per car to run (for times only or to compete) and $15 to watch it would be cool to see a bunch of Datsuns at least show up if not run and they have a good size parking lot out front that we could all hang out at. let me know.

also I just recieved the American autocross schedule and I am super exited to announce that our new event site is Alameda point naval base its very close to most of us in the bay area, I would love to see some fellow datsun guys come out and do some auto x this year

Here is the tentative schedule we have set at this time, please check in from time to time as dates can possibly change, this is the first year we will be having all our events in the Bay Area at this site, and we may add a date in late Feb., or add and change dates later in the year, if things go as planned AAS might have as many as 10 weekends scheduled, so check in from time to time. Rungroups will be posted in 30 days or so.

March 14-15

May 16-17

May 30-31

June 13-14

June 27-28

July 11-12

Aug 8-9

Aug 22-23

Oct 17-18

Now there are some events that I can get behind, Clayton. I just checked my school schedule and the first weekend is during my spring break! I'm defineatly going to try and make a few of these, and having a bunch of datsun guys out there would make it even better.

As for a meetup/bbq kind of thing in the bay area, I'm sure it would be a good time, but I'm not around here that much until the summer. If it does happen on a weekend that I am home I will most defineatly come, but my schedule is very fluid so I don't really know when that is usually.

Now there are some events that I can get behind, Clayton. I just checked my school schedule and the first weekend is during my spring break! I'm defineatly going to try and make a few of these, and having a bunch of datsun guys out there would make it even better.

As for a meetup/bbq kind of thing in the bay area, I'm sure it would be a good time, but I'm not around here that much until the summer. If it does happen on a weekend that I am home I will most defineatly come, but my schedule is very fluid so I don't really know when that is usually.

Glad to hear your gunna try to make it you will love the site (GREAT GRIP) and the people are awesome

The Sac strip sounds like huge fun, Gimme a call. I'd like to roll with ya. Ain't been to a strip in a grip.

The Alameda races sound cool, but not really a Datsun/Ratsun Day, either.

I guess some of us could show, and hang in a corner, trying to talk over screeching tires and uncapped motors.:lol:

I'll definitely try to make some of those.

As far as THIS event,

I was more trying to get a decent sized group of us from here at Ratsun to meet up, chill, eat, check out each other's rides, and maybe cruise in a pack of Dats. Sounds like nearly 10-15 of us so far would be down, which is a good sized picnic. I'm not well off financially be any means, so I can't afford to buy food for everyone, as much as I wish I could. I'd love to hear more suggestions on this part ...

Edited by agentalpha

I personally wouldn't expect any food to be provided. I think that this would be a "bring your own food" kind of picnic. Like I said, if I am in the bay area when this happens, I will come. Especially if it is north of the bay, like Marin area...

As far as THIS event,

I was more trying to get a decent sized group of us from here at Ratsun to meet up, chill, eat, check out each other's rides, and maybe cruise in a pack of Dats. Sounds like nearly 10-15 of us so far would be down, which is a good sized picnic. I'm not well off financially be any means, so I can't afford to buy food for everyone, as much as I wish I could. I'd love to hear more suggestions on this part ...

Set a datetimeplace, hopefully Sunday

Then do a survey on how many people can make it.

Per your suggestion of $5 to your paypal is a good idea to cover food.

Agreed with ^.

Figure out a date, time and place and see who can make it. If the majority of people have issues on that day, reschedule it for the next week to give some extra time for people to get the day off.

Sounds like Sundays are the best days for people, and anywhere from just north of SF to Sacramento sounds like where people want to go. I'd need at LEAST one week notice in advance, preferred two, though, so I can ensure I get the day off.

count me in on the lake chabot action. anyone got sway bars for sale? i got a hood and fenders for a 68 i might be able to bring. both with dents

Hey Lozer, I PM'd you about some sway bars.

On the topic of the picnic, I've never been to lake Chabot, but it sounds like a nice area. Also, try and make sure it's on a nice weather weekend.

I agree it seems Sundays would be best.

I also agree that @ Lake Chabot would be a killer place to meet.

I want to scope it, and a few other places out, and go from there,

but anyone is very welcome to make suggestions on location...

The only issue with Chabot is the parking, depending on the day they use to charge $5 bucks to park and if you dont get there early it fills up.there is the camp ground on the backside that has a picnic area if I remember correctly... and redwood road is a fun twisty road but for us that run our cars low it would be a bit bumpy. just my .02 pennies. to be truthful I dont care where or how much it is to park if we can pull this off it would be awesome

Clayton

I have two 1" swap bars for sale. Neither have any hardware, but I'd assume you can get/make it for cheap. If you show up, I just want them both out of my life fo CHEEEEEP.

On topic, bumpy roads in my car ftl. I think most would feel the same. I need shocks in a bad way, stock 280zx doesnt do it for me.

mmmm Lucas valley road nice and twisty with a killer s turn and its not bouncy just super windy with lots of massive redwoods to shade you from the retnia burning sun. then you take a nice long straight out past nicasio resiouviour to tomales bay for a drink then a nice ride back.

Yea i still vote marin county civic center.

Me myself, I'd rather meet somewhere with lotsa parking, BBQ pits, Picnic tables, trees, but I'm a outdoorsy kinda guy...

And the Marina isn't "woodsy".

I think Fremont's central park is a great candidate from your criteria above. It seems to be a central location for lots of guys to go to, especially since it's off 880.

Check it out: http://www.ci.fremont.ca.us/Recreation/CentralPark/default.htm

Bottom line is if you're willing to organize it let's just chose a place and stick to it...whoever can make it will.

For what it's worth I've attended the weekly mini meet in San Diego with Pac Coast and a few others here (sorry if I've forgotten your names/handles) and it's held in a shopping center parking lot every Wednesday night. It's not a big event, rather a casual gathering where whoever can make it just shows up, grabs a cup of Joe at the Starbuck's and talk cars...it seems to be working...so not sure if you are trying to go for a once in a while bigger event or a more informal regular meeting.

Fremont Central Park Location & Contact Information

40000 Paseo Padre Parkway

Fremont CA 94538

Phone: 510-790-5541

Email: Central Park

Park Amenities

4 playground areas

10 Reservable group picnic sites

6 Softball fields

3 Snackbars

10 Soccer fields

18 Tennis courts

Fishing

Boat rentals

Boat launch

Boat storage

1-1/2 Mile exercise course

2 mile walk around the lake

Golf driving range

Dog Park

2 Basketball courts

Skate Park

Special events

Stivers Lagoon FREE field trips

That might be a good place as well, good suggestion.

I have been super busy with a 510/KA swap, so I haven't had much spare time at all. Hope my Z doesn't feel neglected!

I have a very near deadline to finish what I can, and I'm trying to get it reliably drivable, not just running. When I started on the project, all that was really done was the cross member was bolted in, so there has been a huge number of things to do, parts to fab, problems to solve, ect. I only have 'till Wed. to do what I can, but I think this Sat. we should be almost done.

I'm hoping that later next week I will have some time to scope out some really good places. I am trying for this to be a maybe annual or biannual event, but also it would be sweet to start up a local weekly causal cruise in like the folks down in San Diego. If someone wants to get together, I'm down to represent.:D

Edited by agentalpha
You know... That swap would go way quicker if Inline4 would work on it instead of talk to me on aim, haha. Make him get his hands dirty!

You're right. It would have!!:lol:

It's all good though. He's been hookin' a brother up with some Z parts, ect.

Edited by agentalpha

Bay..Sac...doesnt much matter to me. Ill make the time to meet some folks and pick some brains..cant bring my 521 but if i have to keep it Jap, i can smash out in my womans Maxima...oh and if you guys are still comtemplating a half way point for sac and bay, my shop (well will be eventually) is right off 80 in vacaville and has a huge parking lot...tho there are speed bumps. Other side of the freeway is a theater with a big lot, starbucks, McD's and no bumps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

Sorry I have been pretty busy, without any real time to dedicate to this.

Still busy, but I'd like to keep this in the works,

so let's kick start this back up.

I want it to be nice(food, ect),

but I don't want to knock myself with preparations/arrangements

if people are gunna flake out.

That's one reason I thought maybe 5 bucks PayPal'd for food costs.

Anyone want to give me a hand with it?