Beach BBQ Jan 31st

datrod

[upcoming Event] All Datsun BBQ at Doheny State Beach on Jan 31st

All Datsun Beach BBQ and Food Drive -- Bring your Datsun and your family and enjoy a Beach B.B.Q. Everyone is welcome, Datsun or not. All we ask is that you bring a can or two of non-perishable food to be donated to the San Diego Food Bank. We'll supply the Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chips and Drinks. If you'll (or your club) would like to bring additional items (i.e potluck) just let us know in advance. We'll light the BBQ around noon and we'll stay around until dusk. Please feel free to show up beforehand and lend a helping hand!

We don't have a reserved picnic location (it's a bit expensive to reserve a spot) but we'll place a few signs to guide you. We'll try and get one of the large picnic areas (A or B) otherwise we'll try and get a few of the tables on the North side. (Tables 12/13)

Please Note: This is NOT a car show or a swap meet. Please don't set up shop in the parking lot or the park rangers will throw you out. Also, please note that there is a $10/car charge to enter the Park.

For more info contact Sebastian Hill at sahill@qualcomm.com For more information about Doheny State Beach visit: http://www.dohenystatebeach.org/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
maybe I can swing this after i pick up that block :)

How big do you expect the turnout to be?

Last couple of years like 30 or so cars. But this weekend should be nice weather so might be more. Great day at the beach.!! :D

How early are people going to start showing up to get things ready? I'll be down there pretty early and I'm down to help :) I'm bringing a friend with me and he has to be back up here for work at 5 so I'll probably take off from the BBQ around 2 which I know isnt hanging out much :( But hey at least I'll meet you guys!

beachbbq008.jpg

Pic's from today at the beach.

I got to meet hessianben today.

beachbbq016.jpg

beachbbq015.jpg

beachbbq014.jpg

beachbbq013.jpg

beachbbq012.jpg

beachbbq011.jpg

beachbbq010.jpg

beach001.jpg

And a little beach art. If you look real close you can see what looks like a dolphin in the water.

Right side of the pic. Took this one a couple weeks ago at the same beach.

Edited by datrod

I live on the wrong coast.... subsequently I hate all of you lol j/k.

Looks like a good turn out.

Whats with that baby blue spl310 with red interior? :-X

Hey Justin you know when your hitting Cleveland and NYC?

I made it there too with my son and my husky, I had my Hybrid Z hat on... sucks I couldn't bring 1 of my datsuns though.

Anyhow, it was a nice turnout, I think I counted around 36 cars. I'll post up some pics soon.

Everybody bailed pretty early... it said from noon till dusk but I think like 90-95% of everyone left between 2:30-3pm. Oh well, I stayed behind and enjoyed the beach.

I failed at this one. I woke up and the clock said 1:30pm... the day went downhill from there. I totally should have stayed down in Corona last night. On the good side though I got to clean up the garage and start messing with the block

I live on the wrong coast.... subsequently I hate all of you lol j/k.

Looks like a good turn out.

Whats with that baby blue spl310 with red interior? :-X

Hey Justin you know when your hitting Cleveland and NYC?

Yeah, I have it posted on Hybrid Z, I'll post a thread on here too.

Feb 19-23 I'll be in Cleveland and Feb 23-March 3 in NY

SOO MANY COOL CARS TODAY !!!!

When I get some video captured, I'll post it

I got to meet a lot of really cool owners from the Northwest forums, Dime Quarterly's and Ratsun forums today...

everyone was so cool and friendly-

really good meet!

Some VG powered N/A Dimes that looked clean enough to eat off! Saw the famous 'Radio Flyer' wagon and got to talk shop with it's owner, John.

Saw a clean 810 wagon with 'subway handles' haha- too many cool cars to list...

Big thanks to everyone who helped put the meet together!

DSC016882.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01757.jpgDSC01751.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

Edited by hessianben

Is that a VG30i or a VG30E with carb conversion? I can't see the dizzy well enough to tell, it looks carb though. I really like to see that set up in a 510. It's a fine example of a stout motor with potential that you can get for next to nothing. vg33 crank and q45 pistons you get a 10:1 3.4L, so cheap and available to boot.

Anyone every see a ute with one? I bet that would be nice.