Whats up with the little vents on the older 620's?

Bandit240

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My '78 cab doesn't have them, but the '74 does or did. Ive only got one for it. Anyone got one to spare?

Also why are they there and why did they stop putting them on?

They r a place 4 bees and yellow Jackets to make a nest when the truck sits 4 a while:blink: I really like them myself.

Does the whole lead into the cab near the rear window? The 510 pillar vents are to help defrost the rear window, could be same for the early 620's.... Someone with them check it out! :D
What?! :D They're just fresh air vents. I remember some datsun literature showing the "air flow" from the front to rear...not sure where I saw it, though. All cars, at least newer ones, have some sort of vent, but often they're hidden behind the rear plastic bumper/etc.

The vents are simply there to vent condensation from between the layers of cab sheetmetal. The cab is double-layer around the door. If it were sealed, any condensation that got in would have no way to get out and it'd rust from the inside. The later ('76-79) 620s had vents too, the vent was just relocated to be hidden. It's between the door hinges; you have to open the door to see it. Compare to an early 620, where there's no vent in the front door pillar.

Hi

Hey i have and extra set I work for a G.M. dealership (i'm a GM Tech) i got an extra set ,but my set i installed a turn signal led light that the GM trucks have in the mirrors i took the vee shaped leds and they look sweeeeet when i turn my blinker on .

i also had the vents cromed ,one of my trucks will be done in two weeks waiting on the window felt (on ordered) then i get to start my red one .

i'm looking for a std cab swb truck for my # 3 it will be a tilt front end rt hand drive .

e-mail me you want the extra set, if you haven't got a set yet. bert..

sandovalbert@yahoo.com

Edited by 620GRX