Audio

What is a good deck, speaker, and subwoofer combo for the 75 620. I was thinking about building a custom box that’s inside of a tool box in the bed, cut 5 inch holes in the bed and cab for 4 inch vent tubes to go directly into the cab so all bass gets pushed right into the seats, I would use a silicone seal around the cone to seal the cab

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't cut holes. Door bottoms are about it. Check for room but a pair of really good 6x9s per door perhaps? I had 4" or 5" in the kick pads and a pair of what used to be called biscuit speakers on the dash. The dash tweeters would bounce the sound off the inside of the windshield to provide separation. You could also mount on the A pillar at ear height. I had a king cab so there was room in the back for subs. 

Years ago I trimmed the metal in the cab in front of each door. I was able to install 6x9 speakers there. Since then I've learned that the speaker housing makes a big difference in sound quality so stuffing a large speaker in a tiny area isn't all that great. I would suggest going with a 6" round speaker instead. Probably sounds the same. I did use a spacer ring to bring the speaker out a little. I think a 6 inch round with a spacer ring would work well and sound decent in that spot.

I understand that if you have a standard cab there isn't any room behind the seat for speakers.

For all of my cars I now go with the JBL GTO series of speakers. They are priced well and you get an excellent quality sound for a good price. It is really hard to beat these speakers in sound quality. Pick up whatever size you need for your application. They make 4, 6, and 6x9.
They are not sold new anymore but are still around on eBay and Amazon

61bzsdkvJ8L.jpg?v=1681822444&width=1946

Also there are low profile subs. You could install bucket seats, maybe raise the passenger seat an extra inch and install a low profile sub/box under that seat. Its probably the best you can do for such a small cab.

• Confused 1
On 8/27/2024 at 12:01 AM, CursedOutlaw said:

What is a good deck, speaker, and subwoofer combo for the 75 620. I was thinking about building a custom box that’s inside of a tool box in the bed, cut 5 inch holes in the bed and cab for 4 inch vent tubes to go directly into the cab so all bass gets pushed right into the seats, I would use a silicone seal around the cone to seal the cab

It's your truck first of all, so people will tell you to not do this and not do that, so wanted to clear that up. As for space there is none unless you get creative. Now if it's a really stock truck in great condition don't cut the doors in my opinion. But if your looking for a good sound system and don't care cut them and mount away, Im running 3 ways in my doors and a single Focal 8" sub in a custom box in the center of my trans tunnel up against the fire wall. Amp is mounted between the seats on the extra metal on the back of cab. 

Also you can have or make custom kick panel pods as well, as for subwoofer there lies the problem. Bass tube in the middle of bucket seats on floor, bu there is no room under or behind the seats at all, unless you mount in bed and tunnel into cab which I think is stupid but it works very well. If you don't take many passengers around build a slim box with a shallow 10" along the passenger floor board up against the firewall as well, but again if you take someone around then its uncomfortable but you booming.

• Like 1

You will get improved Bass by putting the speakers into a bigger box. Easy to illustrate - take a toilet paper tube, cut a slit into the tube and stuff your cell phone speaker into the slot. Instant ghetto blaster!

If you're going to do a blow through setup from the bed, you'll really want a flexible boot between the cab & bed, since it flexes, to keep out the elements.  One name is accordion boot, but it may have other names.  You may also find room below the bed right behind the cab, since the cab sits a bit lower.