Misplaced 521 bed parts

Thaiyoon

Hey guys,  I took off a rusted  and bent bed off my 1970 521 project and have a new bed to put on.  I put most of my parts in marked baggies and in 5 gallon buckets but have a couple of items that came off the original bed that I'm not sure where they go back on.  Can you help me out?  Below is a picture I took with a number beside each part.  3 and 4 are exactly the same.  Thanks for any guidance you can offer.fullsizeoutput-cd96.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put mine up on stands last night and plan to be out there rolling around under it later today. I'll see if there is anything I can find.

Thanks for the parts references.  I think part #2 in my photo is part # 20 in this diagram from the manual.  So its an exhaust support of some kind.  I don't have part # 22 in my baggies so maybe part #1 in my photo mirrors with part # 2 to serve the same purpose?  Screen-Shot-2024-02-09-at-11-43-35-PM.pn

I looked st the gas tank mounting, bed mounting and that evaporative fume tank on the driver's  side wheel well.... nothing. well nothing I saw.

I noticed the #1 has a rubber gasket for vibration isolation....

Thanks KELMO  and Datzenmike.  I had no exhaust beyond the cab so its all fair game back there. Hopefully these pieces will fit in that mix.  I'll try to bring it back as close to stock as I can.  Was original exhaust end out the back or behind the pax side rear wheel?

• 2 months later...