Crew Cab 720s in Mexico

IZRL

I had no idea up until a couple weeks ago that there were Krew Cab 720s built and sold in Mexico. I used to cross in to Mexico once a week for a period of about a couple years and I don't recall ever seeing one. I might've just not been paying attention. I still go occasionally so I'm gonna keep an eye out. I joined a Mexico group on facebook for these trucks. So far from what I've been reading and seeing. They didn't build or sell any of these in 4WD there, only 2WD. It looks like Krew 720s ran all the way from about 81-82ish to about 1993ish in Mexico. The 86-93s keep the same or very similar front ends as the American 1985 model. So far every truck I've seen posted in the group is located right abouts the middle of Mexico to the southern most point. So it could be the case that not many of them made it to the norther states that border the U.S? The price range for these seems to be anywhere from about $2000 USD (running - poor condition) to about $5000 USD (Running - Excellent condition). This is most of what I've gathered so far.

GPJhzV5.jpg

^^^^^Not sure if this is a picture of a Mexican built Krew 720 but It's the sexiest example I could find. ^^^^^

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

They don't look right in 2wd. The taller 4x4 is more proportionally correct.

Rarely do I disagree with you, but on this point I do.

There are usually 2 of the 4X4 models that show up in Williams AZ for the JDM Classic (October 5th this year). They are brought to the show from High Impact Motorsports out of NV.

And I don't have a single pic of either one.

• Like 2
On 2/9/2024 at 10:32 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

They don't look right in 2wd. The taller 4x4 is more proportionally correct.

I will agree you on that, it's an acquired taste. They have definitely grown on me. Even the 4x4 looked pretty goofy to me when I first saw it. The narrow stance on OEM wheels makes things worse. A slightly wider stance and more aggressive tread makes a world of difference for the 4x4s IMO. My sister put it best "I Love! It looks goofy but its manly enough to be cool" hahaha. The cab actually still looks kind of like a goofy rat head to me. Which is why I was contemplating naming the truck "Rata Blanca"(White Rat). It's just a happy coincidence that one of my favorite Spanish Metal bands is called "Rata Blanca".

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2024 at 6:45 AM, KELMO said:

Rarely do I disagree with you, but on this point I do.

There are usually 2 of the 4X4 models that show up in Williams AZ for the JDM Classic (October 5th this year). They are brought to the show from High Impact Motorsports out of NV.

And I don't have a single pic of either one.

Found a video that shows the two crew cabs you mentioned. I was wondering if they were right or left hand drive. Damn, they're both show quality trucks! Nice...

• Like 1

The blue 620 CC has been to the JDM Classic only once as I recall. High Impact has the yellow CC and the 2 1200 Coupes.

Somewhere there is a pic of the Clown car and my green coupe.

• Like 1

Several years ago I used Google earth to search city streets in Mexico(it was not my idea), I found 3 or 4 Datsun/Nissan 720 crew cabs in one city, all very close to each other, one or was it two in a lot that appeared to be nonfunctioning vehicles, the others were parked in the streets.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, wayno said:

Several years ago I used Google earth to search city streets in Mexico(it was not my idea), I found 3 or 4 Datsun/Nissan 720 crew cabs in one city, all very close to each other, one or was it two in a lot that appeared to be nonfunctioning vehicles, the others were parked in the streets.

Speaking of google maps. The only picture I have of my TT 300zx and my SR20DET swapped 240sx are from google maps. When I owned these cars I had a real shitty flip phone and I took some real shitty pics of the cars with that phone. But the phone went in the trash after I dropped it in water. I couldn't retrieve the pics.

The fact that I got this picture is really lucky. I rented a one bedroom shack back when i lived in New Mexico and only lived there for like 4 months. I've seen some google map house images that haven't been updated for like 6 or 7 years. I had a carbon fiber hood on my red 300zx which is why it looks a little odd. I ended up going through a wall in this 300zx. Thankfully I spun and went through it with the back end. I pulled the motor and purchased a pearl white w/ tan interior (my favorite car color combo) roller to swap the engine in. Car and engine have been sitting their for yeeeaaarrsss. No ET on when I'll be able to get to it. 240sx was sold right before I wrecked the 300zx.

iCMRIff.jpg

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1