Z24i turbo swap

shabaldy

Well I made a post several years ago about turboing my datsun 620 and I went for it. I used a d21 z24i stripped it down and fully built it had to custom place a order for arp headstuds and that took 8 months but when they showed up it was pedle to the floor until I stopped and ran out of motivation to keep going but over a couple recent weekends me and my dad got the truck running and driving it still needs some work before it's safe for the road but it makes it around the block no issue. I used the stock z24i intake manifold and made a adapter plate to run a 2 barrel fitech fuel injection system so I had full tuning abilities and so far its working great. And a special thank you to ratsun Mike for being helpful and supplying some parts that I otherwise would have never been able to find. And that you to everyone that I messaged throughout the whole project feel free to message me about info cause as far as I can tell I'm so far the only person that has used fitech on a z24.

20231126_092555.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Air intake in front of rad is the correct way to do it. Last thing you need is to compress warm radiator air.

have you taken the engine apart? Ring gap is critical. If stock, keep boost to 8 PSI and it will last.

Yes the motor was pulled apart and the rings gapped 30 over and all new tri metal bearings were installed along with a new head and it was port matched to a ka24 turbo manifold 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, shabaldy said:

What would you like to see ? I can take pictures of anything you'd like I'm sorta new to posting in forums 

Some detail pics and maybe even some pics of the process.

People say forums are dead, but I say they remain alive if people post their projects in detail.