Introducing "Sushi Baby"

datto510

Just picked up this 521. You may recognize it, it used to be Zumm510's, I traded him my 2 door 510 for it. I have always wanted one of these trucks! I am going to call her "Sushi Baby". Its clean and straight and everything works. I rubbed the cab with a rubbing compound. Future plans are for a L20b and a 5 speed, w/ front disk brakes! I am looking forward to terrorizing your neiborhoods with it!:D

The pics aren't the greatest, but I just wanted to show her off.

I cleaned up the firewall a bit after this picture was taken.

CIMG2465.jpg

CIMG2466.jpg

CIMG2467.jpg

CIMG2471.jpg

CIMG2473.jpg

CIMG2474.jpg

CIMG2475.jpg

CIMG2476.jpg

CIMG2477.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a set of beebani's control arms for my 521. They allow you to switch to hardbody spindles and ball joints! I'm still a little ways away from my 521 build.. I didn't want to have to deal with NLA 521 bearings, king pins, etc.

I bought a set of beebani's control arms for my 521. They allow you to switch to hardbody spindles and ball joints! I'm still a little ways away from my 521 build.. I didn't want to have to deal with NLA 521 bearings, king pins, etc.

Drive it until the wheels fall off.:lol:

I am going to be looking into this upgrade very soon!

Wow, That's really clean. I don't know if you had more then 1 510 so did you trade the green 510 for it?

Yes, the light green one. Actually, it was Porsche Green. Zumm seems to be real happy with it. Just wait until he finishes the R1 carbs on it!

Still doing my homework but it seems lile Finelines brackets and D21 calipers are the way to go. Maybe my intake manifold on Ebay can pay for it!

oops, better do some more homework; Finelines use 300zx calipers, mine use the D21 calipers.

I have plenty in stock, ready when you are.;)

what head is that?? Looks like semi-closed chamber head... Can't be a peanut head from the shape.

Its a 210 but there are all sorts of wierd scribing on it that definatley didn't come from the factory. Machine shop? Will try and post up some pics of it later.

When I saw those pics on my phone I didn't see the HOLES IN THE VALVES!! Theres your problem... LOL, I got a spare L16 head with good valves you can use for parts if you want... I'll have to charge you if you want me to pull the valves though... :D

Oh yeah, the flywheel is sitting here waiting for you... also theres a clutch kit on CL for cheap... (says 240sx, 280z... which means 225mm)

When I saw those pics on my phone I didn't see the HOLES IN THE VALVES!! Theres your problem... LOL, I got a spare L16 head with good valves you can use for parts if you want... I'll have to charge you if you want me to pull the valves though... :D

Oh yeah, the flywheel is sitting here waiting for you... also theres a clutch kit on CL for cheap... (says 240sx, 280z... which means 225mm)

Cool, thanks Joe. I picked up a 200mm flywheel for cheap. The new clutch kit should have arrived already.....damn snow!:mad: When ordering a TO bearing sleeve, does it normally come with the spring?

I also got a dogleg 5 speed for her, trying to figure out the best way to swap flanges on the driveline. I might stick with the 4 speed for a while, I wanna drive this rig! You ever done this swap before?

if you want to drive it sooner than later, swap out those 2 bad valves... then drive it till she blows! By then you'll have everything you need, right?

I have never dont the swap in a 521, 510s are easier... :D So just give that tranny to me and you can have a fully rebuilt 4speed!! J/K!

Actually I don't want to pull the 510 apart until I have everything ready for an engine swap... including a spare crossmember.