72 2dr bucket

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen multiple people just grab one from another random vehicle at the pick n pull and stuff it in.  Not perfectly stock, but I think its a better option than flat floor.  You could also pick one up new from something like a MK1 golf that is probably a decent size.

I have a used fuel cell I took out of a 510 that I am putting back on the street.  I'll sell it a lot cheaper than that.  Likely needs new foam as the car sat for a long time, and I don't know what brand it is.  I can provide some pictures if you message me an email or phone number for a text.

This one was actually installed with the spare tire well still in the car.

On 9/20/2023 at 5:32 PM, Diabolic kustoms said:

TMy kid has a mk1 rabbit and it's not close enough, I like the tank in the floor except for rear end collisions... but I wouldn't mind getting it out of the trunk either.. $2g fuel cell sounds daunting but might be the way to go.. but I hate changing foam..argh

You can buy generic fuel cells with a bladder for little money these days. Maybe $400? No, they aren't as good as a Fuel-Safe cell, but they do have a bladder, which makes them safe in a rear end collision.

Summit - https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fuel-cells/foam/yes/fuel-cell-material/steel-with-plastic-bladder?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Default

On 9/19/2023 at 8:27 PM, Diabolic kustoms said:

TgEW3U1.jpg

Thank you, I had not seen this in my searches. It is not exactly as original so with the price and shipping from Aus, I think I will just make my own panel. I will be sticking with the stock tank because I cleaned it out about 15 years ago and haven't driven it much after that.

10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

It's funny that they would put that cutout in there. Seems like any idiot could cut it out of a 2dr panel.

There is a pressed recess for the four door B pillar.  It has a base piece set into the rocker, I just filled in mine with a piece from my old rocker that wasn't too rusty.

7KEBqTCl.jpg 

1vaX1ral.jpg 

The fuel cell would deal with the trunk floor and tank issues as well as look cool, but you will have to at least go with dual side drafts to balance it out.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...