Front seat recommendations for 510 2-Door?

Looking ahead as I reassemble my 2-Door Dime: Any suggestions for more modern/recent front seats that will fit well in a 2-Door? I would prefer to stay in the Nissan family if possible - and like separate/adjustable headrests of some type. (No high-back one piece). Not in love with excessively high side bolsters, so there's that. Of course, whatever is found must tilt forward to allow rear seat access.

This is really wide open, but something along the lines of a Sentra (maybe?) or any model that isn't long extinct and may be a likely donor seems like a starting point. Cloth or vinyl would work, (leather drops to #3 on my list) and I do have some fabric that very closely resembles the original (black) vinyl if recovering is needed. In the alternative, a pair of original seats in VGC might work as well. (The set I have is junk. Too far gone to revive, IMO).

What say you, Ratsun folk?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

240Z seats were always my favorite seats for a 510. Actually, any Z car seats, as they are mostly the same. They are thin which helps if you're tall (you sit lower to the floor) and they are contoured to hold your body in turns. Stock 510 seats are comfy, but don't hold your body at all.

Sentra Nismo seats (if you can find them).  I snagged a set of Juke Nismo seats a couple years ago, but have not gotten to that car yet, so they are not mounted.

For my 73 510 I found some nice fully manual adjust seats from a '92 318i, but they were a bit of a pain to install because of the tall sliders and frame below.

Look at Chevy Aveo seats in junk yard. No bolsters and kinda hard but are small and have conveniently shaped rails.

since it’s such a throw away car most are pretty beat .or cigarette burned . So you have to look at a few to find nice ones

Edited by bananahamuck