Blowtorch

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you try Nissan??? NAPA auto parts?

The J series engine was used in fork lift trucks.

disc....................... 30100-14801

pressure plate..... 30210-24000

release bearing... 30502-13200 Might be cheaper at NAPA.

pilot bushing....... 32202-30000 goes in end of crankshaft, supports the transmission input shaft. At NAPA they are $5.

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-71206-exedy-oe-1965-1968-nissan-520-pickup-l4-clutch-kit-06019.html $290

22 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Did you try Nissan??? NAPA auto parts?

The J series engine was used in fork lift trucks.

disc....................... 30100-14801

pressure plate..... 30210-24000

release bearing... 30502-13200 Might be cheaper at NAPA.

pilot bushing....... 32202-30000 goes in end of crankshaft, supports the transmission input shaft. At NAPA they are $5.

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-71206-exedy-oe-1965-1968-nissan-520-pickup-l4-clutch-kit-06019.html $290

Thank you for the Info ,

Well, Everyware I look online for the Disc and Pressure plate are out of stock. A few sites said they have them but when I try to order they replay with Sorry that Item has been discontinued and is no longer available... and the link you provided they are also out of stock... "Sorry this item is currently out of stock without a lead time". is what I get from everyone. 

Again, back to the BMC parts. The spline in the kit looks eerily similar to an MGA spline. I would bet that there is an MG clutch that would fit.

Forklift applications may have a totally different spline.

Check out this pic. It's a pic of a ten spline alignment tool for an MGA at Moss Motors. Does your spline have similar measurements?

image.png.ca40262dea39943f8e71f4899dd94f7a.png

17 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

the J motor clutches have 3 fangs as I call it . its NOT even close to a L16 type clutch

what it looks like

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1968,520+pickup,1.3l+l4,1211173,transmission-manual,clutch+kit,1993

try ebay

Nothing on Ebay . . The pressure plate # 30210-24000 is the hardest part to find.

18 hours ago, mainer311 said:

I have a barely used Exedy clutch kit that you could have for free, but I have no idea how it's different from the L16. 

I apricate it, But the L16 and L13 use completely different clutch plates. the one the L13 uses looks different than any other clutch plate I have seen.

'66 and on 520 and L521 with J13 were same transmission as the '70 and on PL521 with L16 except the bell bolt pattern. Same transmission as the 510 wagon but the sedan had different ratios. The PL521 has the threaded end on the mainshaft for the bolt on drive shaft flange. 510 transmissions will fit PL521 if you seal up the hole where the nut was on the splined flange.

I wonder if an A series flywheel will fit the J13. Lot of similarities in the engines.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:57 PM, banzai510(hainz) said:

I was talking to Icehouse on here about something else.as he had a L14 needed a clutch and the disc was a 180mm so he just put the 510 200mm stuff in there and it worked.

will a 510 200mm flywheel fit and use the common stock 510/521 stuff. Maybe the trans were close to the same.??????????????????????

just a thought

In the USA the B210 63A dogleg transmission uses the same clutch as the L14, 180mm disc with L series spline count. Sometimes a bit hard to find and ironically they usually come with the wrong alignment tool with the pilot bushing size used on the L14 not the smaller size used on the A14.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Blowtorch said:

I found one! RockAuto got one in and it's on its way... 

I talked to Jorge Garcia @ www.vividracing.com and they said they could get one in 4 weeks. so If anyone is looking for one reach out to them!

I will be ordering one from them as well.

You still never said if it is an L motor or J motor. Or maybe I missed it when you did.