Ignition Wire Retainer Clip

SupDoc

Does anybody know a vendor for the ignition wire retaining clip that is on top of the valve cover? I'm only looking for the 4-cylinder clip. There seems to be an abundance of 6-wire clips for sale online, but none for the 4-wire. Here's a picture of the broken one I'm trying to replace...

IMG_3243.thumb.jpg.2f27f50f5940f1a4063694304a9dc88b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Rustbin said:

I have never had a 6 wire clip to compare but was wondering if the two outside ones could be trimmed off with a hobby saw to get what you want?

Good idea, I think that would work. However, I would prefer an OEM part, if they are still out there.

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Get a six wire set from a 280z/zx or 810/Maxima and run the 4 longest around the front of the valve cover then back to the plugs. Looks great. Get rid of the wire loom and bolt.

I think someone sells a nice bracket that bolts to the front of the head to do what you are saying.....

20 hours ago, Rustbin said:

I have never had a 6 wire clip to compare but was wondering if the two outside ones could be trimmed off with a hobby saw to get what you want?

I was JUST about to suggest this, cuz the 6cyl clips are available in repop............I just never tried it!  If it would work, I think you would shave off one on each end, so it is uniform.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rustbin said:

Now that I think about it, I believe the 6cyl "slot" where it clips to the metal tang is wider, so it may not fit well on a 4cyl tang.................??

• Like 1
12 hours ago, yenpit said:

Now that I think about it, I believe the 6cyl "slot" where it clips to the metal tang is wider, so it may not fit well on a 4cyl tang.................??

It looks like that metal tang is available for purchase also, so maybe I'll just replace both at the same time.

• Like 1