620 king cab

ANTONI

Verrry cool. YLN 753 W. Really like the 620 dash in it. The differences between the 620 and 610 wheelbases is only 45mm or 1.77" 

So they did this with a 520/521? Only goon around would be the 510 and it was 4.3" shorter so???

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi again ,so to answer "why" is because I really like the king cab, we never had it in our market, it's more user friendly for me, I need it for daily,for work, need longer bed to fit motorcycles....I thought of everything, through research the crew and king cab are the same length so shortening the cab needs stretching the bed... The best case scenario is swap the cab at least (can stretch the bed)... The whole car swap is not possible because this is a right hand drive.(swap with a left hand)...and the law here doesn't allow you to make the change.... Gonna ask if the need any proof of purchase for the cab,if not I can fabricate it

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ANTONI said:

Hi again ,so to answer "why" is because I really like the king cab, we never had it in our market, it's more user friendly for me, I need it for daily,for work, need longer bed to fit motorcycles....I thought of everything, through research the crew and king cab are the same length so shortening the cab needs stretching the bed... The best case scenario is swap the cab at least (can stretch the bed)... The whole car swap is not possible because this is a right hand drive.(swap with a left hand)...and the law here doesn't allow you to make the change.... Gonna ask if the need any proof of purchase for the cab,if not I can fabricate it

I get it... 

I have a crazy thought for you....

Unless it's about the look of the king cab, what about leaving the cab alone and just stretching the bed?

You could 4 link the rear and relocate the rear axle a little further back , then stretch the frame and bed to suit....

You could do airbags for load leveling too... 

Just an idea.....

Good luck with your project.....

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ANTONI said:

Ok, I get it too. Wanting to haul a motorcycle makes sense. I used to haul my dirt bikes with the tailgate down. Otherwise they wouldn't fit.

Crash has a great idea. Stretch the wheelbase to fit the long bed, and leave the cab alone.

• Thanks 1

Crash,good idea but, it's not allowed to touch the originally dimensions of the car. The extra length I'm looking is 9.5 inch which is achieved with that king cab.the total length stays the same...Here because of their limited knowledge of engineering (road transport department) they don't allow anything. Some loopholes can get around but not much . Datzenmike nice idea too, but maybe when finished could take it t to a show with a custom bike on the back......

• Like 1
On 12/20/2022 at 11:23 PM, ANTONI said:

the law here doesn't allow you to make the change

That part unfortunately is the big issue. Would your MOT/DMV allow a body change if there is a corresponding VIN tag that relates to it?

What is the law according to importing a vehicle there? For example, USA has different import restrictions than Canada regarding age of vehicle (USA 25yr old vs Canada 15yr old) but in either of these cases a 45+ year old vehicle is exempt. Importing parts for vehicles is a taxation issue, the government simply wants to charge duties to collect something from the importer. In Canada, generally speaking if the parts are for a "stock" application (not modified or performance) then again the fees don't apply if you apply the appropriate code.

Cypress might have a "free" relationship with another country (Greece?) where you could get the needed cab/box panels through someone there - like a broker?

Again, if Cypress never got the KC variant like North America never got the Crew Cab, there must be a way to make a trade... 

BTW Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! Well the closest country it is Greece which had a factory back then making the 620,but never the king cab.i can get a whole car from there but not the king... haven't even seen the crewcab, I think it was only for farmers that's why only single cab... Well from a quote I got yesterday for an exhaust system from the UK,20 kg box best price is 350 euros, meaning importing even  part of the cabin from the USA it's going to be f@ckin expensive....

EDM as for the body change,if it was produced anywhere in the world it can be replaced...vin is on the chassis,I think there is no vin on the cabin ,so no problem there.,...

Will try to get a quote for bringing a whole car from USA in a container...just to have an idea....

9 hours ago, ANTONI said:

EDM as for the body change,if it was produced anywhere in the world it can be replaced...vin is on the chassis,I think there is no vin on the cabin ,so no problem there.,...

I have heard similar things about the VIN vs frame numbers. I own a Land Cruiser that came from Africa and it has no VIN, only body and frame numbers, which California does not recognize as a VIN. I've been having one heck of a time trying to get it registered here in CA. I  could have it registered in Montana or South Dakota, but a CA title would triple the value.