Toyota Tacoma 16" wheels

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MMCKlaz.jpgYou will need a lift kit or they might not even turn.I put some 31'- 15 inch on mine and they scrubbed real bad,they came off a 2000 Toyota truck back in 2000,they were brand new,guy wanted to put bigger tires on his. I put 235-75-15 tires on them rims and sold them over 2 years ago.,same 6 lug pattern,I use 235-75-15 now.It will scrub in front of the tires.It was digging into the tires.I almost got a lift kit long ago,I think it was around 700 bucks,but not worth the trouble.Here they are.Does anyone remember these Toyota rims,they also came on Toyota's Fore runners.Sold them to a guy that has a 95 Nissan truck.Never have them mounted at Walmart,check out the wheel weights.If you get rims for the 4x4,the hubs need to be about 105mm thick,the Toyota one's I had.I had to to grind the inside with my dremel tool to fit.Toyota 4x4's don't have them on the front cause they are manual 4x4's.So I had to buy 2 more to match.They are made out of plastic,rims are aluminum,which is hard to clean.They are Enkei rims.Mine are American Racing Rims.I have 5 of them.Toyota and Nissan lug nuts won't swap out,different thread pattern.I use acorn lug nuts.Cheaper on Ebay.I paid 425 for them Toyota tires and rims.I sold them in the picture for 300.

100_8846.jpg

100_8665.jpg

100_8668.jpg

Center cap.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, frankendat said:

Will the wheels fit an 84 4x4 720. They are 6 lug. I think the 720 is a six lug. I'm away from home and my 720. Hopefully this not an asked and answered 1000 times question. I am phone posting and have zero talent with touch screen

As far as I'm concerned wheels, are rims with tires mounted. Rim size has zero to do with overall tire diameter.

If you mean wheels to mean with tires then no. The '22 Tacoma has 265/65R17 tires and they would be 30.5" in diameter and 29" diameter is considered the maximum for a 4x4 720 without rubbing on turns with bumps.

Stock 4x4 720 tires are 27.7" in diameter and 8.5" wide.

If you mean just the rims then yes. All you need do is fit tires that are same diameter, and width is optional.

210/75R17 are same diameter but 8.3" wide pretty damn close

215/75R17 are same width but 28" diameter also pretty damn close

This will keep the same performance and speedometer accuracy as the over all gearing remains unchanged.

I had 6 bolt Ford or Chev rims on my 620 and later swapped a Toyota front axle on. Still a perfect fit. The lug threads are different. Eventually 12.5 X 31" tires but that's another story.

• Like 1
On 11/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, Thomas Perkins said:

MMCKlaz.jpgYou will need a lift kit or they might not even turn.I put some 31'- 15 inch on mine and they scrubbed real bad,they came off a 2000 Toyota truck back in 2000,they were brand new,guy wanted to put bigger tires on his. I put 235-75-15 tires on them rims and sold them over 2 years ago.,same 6 lug pattern,I use 235-75-15 now.It will scrub in front of the tires.It was digging into the tires.I almost got a lift kit long ago,I think it was around 700 bucks,but not worth the trouble.Here they are.Does anyone remember these Toyota rims,they also came on Toyota's Fore runners.Sold them to a guy that has a 95 Nissan truck.Never have them mounted at Walmart,check out the wheel weights.If you get rims for the 4x4,the hubs need to be about 105mm thick,the Toyota one's I had.I had to to grind the inside with my dremel tool to fit.Toyota 4x4's don't have them on the front cause they are manual 4x4's.So I had to buy 2 more to match.They are made out of plastic,rims are aluminum,which is hard to clean.They are Enkei rims.Mine are American Racing Rims.I have 5 of them.Toyota and Nissan lug nuts won't swap out,different thread pattern.I use acorn lug nuts.Cheaper on Ebay.I paid 425 for them Toyota tires and rims.I sold them in the picture for 300.

100_8846.jpg

100_8665.jpg

100_8668.jpg

Center cap.jpg

Your truck looks great! If mine ends up half as good, then I will be happy.

Thank you Ratsun, I made an offer on the Tacoma rims and it was accepted. I would like to get them recoated, but the rims were a stretch. Money should remain focused on making the truck go, but a  good Idaho boy gave me a great deal and I jumped.

Rim1_25.jpg

Rim2_25.jpg

As for tires, I am a fan of aggressive tread skinnies. Cooper Discoverer SST pro 215/85R16 would be a first choice, my suzuki can use the same size, but DAMN have tires gone up in price. For a sale I would consider 235/85R16 or 225/75R16. Throwing in a set of body pucks or longer shocks is no worry.Might go with an off brand. A friend of mine has had good luck with Comforsers. Power King 7.50 16 military used to be the low budget go to, but even they have  increased. It is fun to shop, but running rig remains priority.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, Thomas Perkins said:

100_8846.jpg

100_8665.jpg

100_8668.jpg

Center cap.jpg

Dang it on the lug nuts. Seller threw a fairly new (complete) set of lugs!!!!!