FB Ratsun Group

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's me and a few others. Not so much a matter of being asleep at the wheel, but the group has been under CONSTANT spam attack for the last 8 months. We have 341 current join requests from the last 2 days alone and most of those are overseas accounts trying to share bullshit into the group.

Since no one answers the questions when submitting a join request, it's virtually impossible to differentiate between what is a legitimate account and what is garbage.

This is a consequence of Facebook's recent changes to how public groups function.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

Since no one answers the questions when submitting a join request, it's virtually impossible to differentiate between what is a legitimate account and what is garbage.

This is a consequence of Facebook's recent changes to how public groups function.

Simplify, no answers. no join.

If someone wants to actively join they will take the 2 seconds to answer them.

I rejoined a bunch of my groups with an account for upcoming parts and answered all the questions for groups that had them.

• Like 4

We used to get a lot of spam here. Ever wonder why no members from India? I IP blocked so many addresses there for love potions and chants and prayers for business success as well as casting spells. One morning I had over 40 to get rid of and ban. Eventually we got better upgrades that filter them and the bots out. No one can post directly to the forum, a mod must approve them. If a new member without a Datsun replies something like "nice" to someone's post I let it sit. I assume they just want to get in the door. If they don't come back well just as well. We get maybe one spam every several months. 

• Like 1
On 10/24/2022 at 7:28 PM, Ooph! said:

Change it to private 

If you make a group private on Facebook, it can never be changed back. This means posts can no longer be shared out of the group and they don't have visibility to anyone else. This sucks.

If we ever made it private, it would be a last resort.

On 10/24/2022 at 7:51 PM, Skib said:

Simplify, no answers. no join.

If someone wants to actively join they will take the 2 seconds to answer them.

I rejoined a bunch of my groups with an account for upcoming parts and answered all the questions for groups that had them.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, Ranman72 said:

what skib said 

no answers no account 

simple and easy 

add that to the sign up description or just leave as is 

answer the damn question mate 😁

That's pretty much where we're at now, but no one answers the questions which is why posts like this exist.

We deny over 1,000 new members a month because they don't answer the questions.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, metalmonkey47 said:

We deny over 1,000 new members a month because they don't answer the questions.

No loss. that's 1,000 members who would not contribute to maintaining the positive community of enthusiasts that we all collectively have established.

• Like 2