Will 720 ,3 inch lowering springs work on the 521

Hybrid510

Hello friends ..new to the group and tried to search ,but could not find the  answer ..I see a good way to lower the rear of a 521 is with 720 4x4 leaf springs..I see they have new 3 inch lowering 720 4x4 springs ..can you just add these springs with no lowering blocks ?  sorry if this has been asked before ..thanks for any input 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

720, 620 and 521/510 rear leaf springs are all the same overall length.

720 leaves are almost flat when installed. Off the vehicle, if you string between the two eyelets and measure down the 2wd is 6.3 inches, the 4x4 is only 3.7 inches. So right away close to 3" different. The spring rate for the 720 is also much higher with the 4x4.

Makes no sense to want to lower a 720 4x4 with lowering springs. wtf? The whole reason for 4x4s to ride high is for ground clearance and larger tires.

2 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Is my memory correct or are the 84 4x4 springs the ones with the most drop?

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

720 leaves are almost flat when installed. Off the vehicle, if you string between the two eyelets and measure down the 2wd is 6.3 inches, the 4x4 is only 3.7 inches. So right away close to 3" different. The spring rate for the 720 is also much higher with the 4x4.

This is for the '84. I don't see why other years would be different. A spring shop can 'de-arch' your springs.