Tailgate Letters 620

DarkBlack

Hey Ratsun folks,

maybe a chance that anyone can Share a Vector File of the Datsun 620 Tailgate lettering?

I Know these are for Sale @ eBay but im not willing to pay 80 Euro´s for a bit of Vinyl Wrap including Postage to Germany. 

Or Maybe there´s still someone on this Forum who makes these and sell them to me for a reasonable price?

Thanks guys!

Markus

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last way I would go is to photograph it with a measurement held on the site of every letter and then a friend of mine could redraw as paths in Illustrator I guess, but it's much struggle und a lot of work, which I try to avoid. I've read that someone on the forum should have the File of the lettering, but unfortunately he's not active anymore 😭

7 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Don't want to pay, but admit it would be difficult to recreate 😅🤪

You know, I got my principles. And some things in life got a defined or Maximum Price for me. A time ago someone in this forum sold them for 15-20 bucks for Datsun members, and I am not willing to pay 60 EUR for shipping for a letter from the states to Germany. 

I ordered some via ebay Bout 3 years ago for a total of around 40 EUR and that's what it's worth to me. 

But at the end you got a point, maybe I will recreate and sell them myself for a lower price, and can do them anytime for penny's if mine are damaged etc. I will think about it. You need some lettering? 😂

So like i said, when someone offers them for a Reasonable price, I won't annoy my graphics guy, but looks like I have to 😅

Edited by DarkBlack

I was sort of kidding. Sometimes this knocks an idea loose. I worked at the GM truck plane in Ontario. The letters on the tailgate were embossed and a mask was held against them to catch the over spray and simply and quickly spray painted white.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DarkBlack said:

You know, I got my principles. And some things in life got a defined or Maximum Price for me. A time ago someone in this forum sold them for 15-20 bucks for Datsun members, and I am not willing to pay 60 EUR for shipping for a letter from the states to Germany. 

I ordered some via ebay Bout 3 years ago for a total of around 40 EUR and that's what it's worth to me. 

But at the end you got a point, maybe I will recreate and sell them myself for a lower price, and can do them anytime for penny's if mine are damaged etc. I will think about it. You need some lettering? 😂

So like i said, when someone offers them for a Reasonable price, I won't annoy my graphics guy, but looks like I have to 😅

Is shipping really that high for the $35 ones on ebay?

9 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Is shipping really that high for the $35 ones on ebay?

I just looked, they are even more expensive now.. Inflation strikes 😂

I just re-read the old post for the lettering and he quoted 10 bucks for Datsun members.. Golden times ❤️😅

Just started this thread because it could have been, that someone still got that svg file flying around on his HDD, would have been useful for the future too 🤔

Screenshot_20220724_152356_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by DarkBlack
28 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Just did a quick look at shipping. Seems they could probably be shipped for about $16.15 US

First I don't know if they stick at all after this long storage time, second I need white ones 😅👍. Saw them too but I'll pass. Thank you for looking tho! 

Ok well, I've been messing with these letters for a while now, and it's super annoying trying to learn how to use the tracing features in inkscape. I do way more in 3D than 2D. Here's the raw pictures so someone that works more with 2D can make us some vectors

A.jpg

D.jpg

On 7/21/2022 at 3:11 AM, DarkBlack said:

Hey Ratsun folks,

maybe a chance that anyone can Share a Vector File of the Datsun 620 Tailgate lettering?

I Know these are for Sale @ eBay but im not willing to pay 80 Euro´s for a bit of Vinyl Wrap including Postage to Germany. 

Or Maybe there´s still someone on this Forum who makes these and sell them to me for a reasonable price?

Thanks guys!

Markus

pm sent.

i get tailgate letters made and sell the for $25 a set and i have sold a bunch and i do ship if needed

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick Update.

I´ll be doing them myself. i get no Response via PM, hope Gene is allright 😞 , and i believe that the Postage is awkwardly high for a Simple A4 envelope to Germany.

Going to Voctorize them myself. dont know the exact sizes now but will measure them Saturday when i´ll be workin on the Truck again.

I leave these here, in case some Ratsun folks looking for somethin like this.

No Guarantee  they will fit ! i will have to make alignments after i get the measurements.

When i Test fitted Them, i will post the Vector Graphics an Measurements here, so you can let them get plotted at your personal sticker guy.

N- Kopie.pdf S- Kopie.pdf T- Kopie.pdf U- Kopie.pdf A- Kopie.pdf D- Kopie.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1