Bolt needed

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried the place in garden grove where the datsunlandsocal show was at? they have every bolt i could ever imagine and more:D

No, that place is called Hilco Fasteners. I'm about 99% sure that is a proprietary Datsun part, but I have been meaning to stop in there.

Mo,

If you're interested, I know if a used 1200 sedan windshield for sale for $75.00 If you are interested, send me a pm and I'll get you the guy's contact info. I have a spare myself.

If all else fails, Roadsters and RL411 SU air cleaners used an all thread stud and wing nut instead of this "wing bolt" configuration. It might be easier to replace the bolts with studs and but 2 wing nuts. Would look the same from outside the air cleaner assembly. 240Z rubber washer assemblies are slightly larger but fit and work just fine if you have to go this route.

MikeRL411 beat me to it, but, yes, roadsters (both R16 and U20 motors) running SU's had a separate wing nut to stud/bolt arrangement.

Ted had a SU aircleaner assemble just lying on the ground before his yard sale 3rd photo down in this thread orange aircleaner:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=8104

So, who got the air cleaner? :D

i think your coupe would beg to differ:D

It did okay at shows, though :) just kidding here..

Did you get Andy's number? Let me know if you decide to pass on it. If you do, I'll probably buy it since they are almost impossible to find anymore.

i've already told duncan, but i know he wants to be reminded, that i had the last nos wing nut from nissan, but i gave it to a buddy in australia

never imagined i'd need it ... :lol:

Well, I'm hoping someone might have an orphan laying around from back in the day when they were plentiful.

I know they are NLA from Nissan, but one will turn up sooner or later. (probably later) :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.