1978 620 Deluxe "Side Accents"

Kennewick_620

Hello everyone, first time posting but I've been lurking for about a year. I own a 1978 620 Deluxe and I'm curious if anyone has information on what I'm calling the "side accents" for 620's, as I have on my truck. I'm planning on a frame off restoration that won't exactly be back to stock, but close to it. I've decided to include the side accent stripes which I'm going to have a local vinyl graphic sign company copy and reverse engineer. My question is, what do you all know about these accent stripes? I'm a history nerd so I guess that explains why I'm so curious as to their details. Anyway, thank you in advance for your responses, Happy Holidays.

1978-Datsun-620-pickup-truck-l20B-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know the paint color code for your truck. Probably a sticker on the radiator support near the hood prop???

Closest matching colors are Dk Brown/ Lt Brown 99990-00338 lists... 01 hood, 02 left hand and 03 right hand. It's suitable for paint codes ....

Surely you must know Flatcat https://ratsun.net/profile/5669-flatcat19/ (Kieth) in Pasco or Soundline https://ratsun.net/profile/46324-soundline/.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am curious about the graphics on my truck. However, mine are definitely painted on. It appears to be very well done and, although funky, doesn’t seem funky enough for a one-off custom job. Around the time I saw my truck on ebay, I believe a saw another one with the same paint scheme. So, these two things lead me to think this was a factory option or maybe one dealer in California was doing them. Who knows!

I'm just looking forward to someday buffing it all out and shining it up - its all still remarkably intact.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, hobospyder said:

i have a set of the decals that i need to get scanned to have someone cut them.

enough to make a full set for all 3 versions, only missing 2 of one side, i think one of the king cab extras and a long bed set. can't remember

did you ever get round to having these scanned? im interested in reproducing them for my truck but cant find a set for sale or a decent drawing of them to have them vinyl cut locally. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 8:05 PM, Recal Decals said:

Hey all, we've recreated the decal kit.

Currently done the light green to dark green, and light brown to chocolate.

Left side, right side and bonnet.

Send us a note on hello@recaldecals.com if you're after a set, we can customise colour as well.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 11.04.03 AM.png

How much?

• Like 2

image.png.a4320777bd493ced37751a7c98fc812d.png

Dark green to light green (truck color code 620, 616) is 99990-00340 and only available for the '78 (though I'm sure would fit other years if the truck color is the same) I imagine they are long enough to do KC, reg and long wheelbase boxes and are just cut to size.

There are also dk. blue/lt blue and  silver/black and all are for '78 and or '79 trucks. Maybe because the complimenting truck color is unique to these years?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:35 AM, Draker said:

How much?

I got an email back when asking for pricing:

In terms of cost:
Design update for colour: US$75
Printing and laser cutting: US$299
Delivery DHLExpress: US$49
Total: US$423.00

It's a bit too steep for me currently, but for the huge size of the kit, and that there are three stripes, it seems reasonable.