1979 Datsun 620 Heater hose set, heater core and Heater control valve

stingraylx1

While not necessarily related, I'm looking to replace the old PCV hose on my truck. It's seen its better days, but I'm having a real tough time finding a substitution. It appears the pipe from the engine is 13/16" or .85". The PCV valve is good enough to use a 5/8" ID. I seems Nissan used a weird over-large hose end on one side with an orange sleeve to bring it down a bit instead of just make the pipe a 5/8" and call it a day...

Any thoughts?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, ducky said:

While not necessarily related, I'm looking to replace the old PCV hose on my truck. It's seen its better days, but I'm having a real tough time finding a substitution. It appears the pipe from the engine is 13/16" or .85". The PCV valve is good enough to use a 5/8" ID. I seems Nissan used a weird over-large hose end on one side with an orange sleeve to bring it down a bit instead of just make the pipe a 5/8" and call it a day...

Any thoughts?

Correct, very different sizes at each end.  I have a box of various good USED Datsun PCV hoses etc, but I am only familiar with the 510 L16 & the L20B hoses, which I have.  PM me if interested!

TJ

Just now, yenpit said:

Correct, very different sizes at each end.  I have a box of various good USED Datsun PCV hoses etc, but I am only familiar with the 510 L16 & the L20B hoses, which I have.  PM me if interested!

TJ

i actually saw your ebay post when looking. it didnt look too different than mine. I ended up ordering a Gates EMH196 (13/16" to 11/16") and a 3/4" to 5/8" barb coupler and am going to try and make a new hose with a portion of that and some 5/8" fuel hose. I'll let you guys know.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Goemon said:

It would just be the one on the bottom in the orange circle.
I am waiting for someone to chop his out & send it.
He is putting in a v-8
A Renault 14 heater valve will work for 620 as long as you do an arm throw mod
which is easy
https://recambiosberengeno.com/radiadores/15439-grifo-calefaccion-renault-r12-r14.html

I have maybe found another interesting one, both for 620 and 510 (to be confirmed though):

https://suzukipartsusa.com/shop/interior-parts/dash-glovebox-heat/heater-valve-radiator-line-to-heater-oem-sgp-suzuki-samurai-86-95-atlga/

1 hour ago, oukippy said:

I have maybe found another interesting one, both for 620 and 510 (to be confirmed though):

https://suzukipartsusa.com/shop/interior-parts/dash-glovebox-heat/heater-valve-radiator-line-to-heater-oem-sgp-suzuki-samurai-86-95-atlga/

The brass valve "body" looks like the internals could be the same as the Datsun, with that plunger rod..........??  The trick would be to pull a USED one out of that Suzuki application (USA spec??) in a junkyard & see if the internals are the same!  😎

On 3/12/2023 at 5:48 PM, ducky said:

i actually saw your ebay post when looking. it didnt look too different than mine. I ended up ordering a Gates EMH196 (13/16" to 11/16") and a 3/4" to 5/8" barb coupler and am going to try and make a new hose with a portion of that and some 5/8" fuel hose. I'll let you guys know.

Ok, so I'll try to install this on the truck tomorrow, but I think it'll work. It's really close.

small.jpg

Edited by ducky
  • Like 2
On 3/22/2023 at 5:52 PM, yenpit said:

The brass valve "body" looks like the internals could be the same as the Datsun, with that plunger rod..........??  The trick would be to pull a USED one out of that Suzuki application (USA spec??) in a junkyard & see if the internals are the same!  😎

In my opinion all Japanese car use the same brass valve, only the moving system is changing. On my Honda Civic, I have used a Datsun 1200 valve. I didn't open it for the plunger rod. I cut the mechanism and put the Honda one on it. It worked well.

I've seen somewhere it is possible to change the o-rings on the plunger rod, so I think I'll try this first. The only problem is to bend the little brass parts. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it correctly. But as someone wrote, the valve is already dead, what is the risk? To kill it again? 😆

• 11 months later...
On 3/24/2023 at 5:50 PM, ducky said:

Ok, so I'll try to install this on the truck tomorrow, but I think it'll work. It's really close.

Did the solution work for your heater hose? I need to figure mine out real soon

• 1 month later...