ca18de in b210

sick620

if someone ordered one of those JDM ca18de setups and tried to put it in a b210 does anyone know the process? Ive searched and it seems doable but cant find info on mounts or oilpan/crossmember clearance etc... are ca18 engines similar to ka24 meaning engine mounts and overall length with longtail tranny? Is this mostly a bolt in swap minus custom drive shaft? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What year B210? The CA18DE very closely shares chassis/engine mounting with the SR20, KA, Z, and L series all being very similar. So research all of the above swaps into your B210 to figure what should be done or used to make it close to bolt in. B210s and B310s usually shared crossmembers with different year 510s, so that may be the easiest option depending on if you have a B210 or B310.

One of my favorite threads

On 10/9/2021 at 12:25 AM, sick620 said:

if someone ordered one of those JDM ca18de setups and tried to put it in a b210 does anyone know the process? Ive searched and it seems doable but cant find info on mounts or oilpan/crossmember clearance etc... are ca18 engines similar to ka24 meaning engine mounts and overall length with longtail tranny? Is this mostly a bolt in swap minus custom drive shaft? 

• 4 months later...

I've actually had a CA18DE in my B210. It will ... "fit" ... using a PL510 engine cross member and 620 mounts. Unfortunately, when using the 510 crossmember as-is, the engine sits too far-forwards several inches. The oxygen sensor on the manifold directly interferes with the steering box too.