transporting a cab from cali

ducky

Hey guys. This is kind of a classified and also general question, so not sure where it should go.

I'm looking to get a cab from a junkyard out in California, but am running into some issues with finding a good way to transport. Car haulers don't seem to want to touch something like this, and I have no real friends in the transport business.

Any of you guys run into this issue and find good ways around it other than spending thousands of dollars driving out with a uhaul?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are sites that allow you to contact small-time transport companies directly. Most of the transports I get to and from my shop are owner operated pickup truck and trailer guys, and they try real hard to find return loads when they are empty. If the cab is moveable by forklift, I don't see why these guys would not want the job.

15 hours ago, A guy named Rick said:

Too bad i don't have a reliable (yet) truck and trailer. I have vacation time and love driving, all I'd ask for is double my gas and food expense 😁😆. Oh wait, my girlfriend would think I'm insane lol.

Where in cali? 

In Fresno

3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

There are sites that allow you to contact small-time transport companies directly. Most of the transports I get to and from my shop are owner operated pickup truck and trailer guys, and they try real hard to find return loads when they are empty. If the cab is moveable by forklift, I don't see why these guys would not want the job.

Are there any guys that you really like and deal with a lot? maybe i can call direct

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A guy named Rick said:

Just a hop, skip, and a jump away

I mean, really, it's only ~2000 miles from me, one way. Wish I could just drive the 620 out there and swap the cab right in the junkyard

6 minutes ago, ducky said:

I mean, really, it's only ~2000 miles from me, one way. Wish I could just drive the 620 out there and swap the cab right in the junkyard

Roadkill style. Make sure you add nitrous too while you're at it. Because everything is faster with nitrous

Edited by A guy named Rick
  • Like 1

Have them strap it on a pallet, as most haulers will not want to do it otherwise.............hopefully the junkyard or the hauler will have a pallet jack (floor) to load in a trailer.  Loading with a forklift on an open trailer is usually easier.

• Like 1