Advice please

Toneloc521

50 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

read the instruction on how to adjust a weber DGV or you tube.

once I get the motor running enough I adjust the mixture screw at the base of the case IN/Out till it runs the best

adjust the speed screw also , some the screw wont even touch the lever some maybe a half to a full turn should be more than enoughh

I believe the throttle stop screw needs to hold the butterfly open just a tiny amount, or air won't pass the butterflies at all. It basically needs to be cracked open, but still cover the lowest transition hole.

• Like 1
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

I believe the throttle stop screw needs to hold the butterfly open just a tiny amount, or air won't pass the butterflies at all. It basically needs to be cracked open, but still cover the lowest transition hole.

This and the timing work together to get the idle smooth. If the timing is wrong, and the idle is set high, it will sound ok, but still run like shit.

Also, if the idle is too high, the engine will diesel on shut down. Webers have an anti-dieseling solenoid (at least some do) and if this is not connected, the car may not run at all.

• Like 2