L20b in a 71 510 SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS????

Lozer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:in a 510 with a l20 why??? i dont think a l20 could put enuff hp out to warrent the use of a soild mount.Imo if you were too do that you be wasting time and money.Trust me if their was a way to get enuff hp from a l20 to need soild mounts it would be more talked about thru the datsun world.How much hp do u think your pushing i was suprised to find with all the mods i have done i have only gained around 30 hp from stock(buy the math my shop did i was too confused with all the #s:lol:)so that would be 126 hp :lol:.so unless your pushing more that 200hp in a dime I dont think you would need them.

now for just a cool factor. I would give it a 6/10 :eek:

if your looking for more stiffness .weld the strut tower seams and what ever else you can in thr front-end. I have heard that this makes a big differance in the handling of the car.

An easy and very cheap way to make solid mounts is to buy glue sticks for the hot glue gun, tape off one side of the mounts, use a butane or propane torch and drip the melted glue into the open end of the mount, fill it up to the top and let them sit overnight and you will have solid mounts. Did that on an 88 Civic and it worked great.