moparvwfreak

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
On the T shaped plug on the matchbox the vertical connector (I) should have 12 volts from the ignition and also be connected to the +side of the coil, the cross (-) should go to the neg side of the coil.

Stick an old spark plug in the coil wire and lay on the grounded fender. Remove dizzy, take the cap off and spin the rotor by hand. There should be sparks at the plug.

D-mike...can you please tell me what color the wire is that needs to be connected to the vertical connector on the matchbox ? Im having issues on my 72 wagon & the wiring is all stock & uncut.

Air gap was too tight and the little tips of the starwheel hit the outer ring breaking them...
Not caused by loose shaft bushing. This is caused by a broken bearing plate (advance plate), they have three ball bearings that fall out. A new plate assembly is about $75 from Nissan.

B is +coil

C is -coil

anytime a car dies automatically ck for spark.

Pulle the center wire to the cap and place it near ground. and turn car over. if you get spart look else where. This saves on cranking the battery so you can look else where.

My next obvious is gas by pumping ghe gas and see if gas is squirting in the carb. Thsi shows that gas is making it up to and in the carb. Shows ful pump and needle valve working.

coilwireing_thumb.jpg