speakers

flat land rider

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could go to the yard and pull a bracket form a 720 and use its alternator. I am and noticed better overall power stability. Then again I am running an electric fan. There is also a way to run a gm 1 wire and they can put out 109amp if you would like to run some big sound.

Suggestion.

If you do run the stock alt, buy a cap... I dont know about the one in the link but its just for reference. You could run a cap before the stereo so it would pull the load from that rather than your alternator.

Or if you do run an amp, put that before the amp. It would go, Battery/wire/farad capacitor/wire/amp. I can do up a diagram if you need. Stereo stuff is rather easy for me.

http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-Computers/Farad-Digital-Capacitor-p-790535.html

Suggestion.

If you do run the stock alt, buy a cap... I dont know about the one in the link but its just for reference. You could run a cap before the stereo so it would pull the load from that rather than your alternator.

Or if you do run an amp, put that before the amp. It would go, Battery/wire/farad capacitor/wire/amp. I can do up a diagram if you need. Stereo stuff is rather easy for me.

http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-Computers/Farad-Digital-Capacitor-p-790535.html

caps dont do nything, there just for looks. you could add another battery or be a high amp battery but if your amp cant keep up with the stereo draw it will still go dead

caps dont do nything, there just for looks. you could add another battery or be a high amp battery but if your amp cant keep up with the stereo draw it will still go dead

Normally i wouldnt argue, but they do in fact help (i wont argue the fact that most ppl use them for looks....). A second battery will make your problems worse. This is because a second battery will put more strain on your alternator. Now your alternator would have to charge two batteries instead of just one, wich is hooked up to your stereo. so that defeats the purpose since its charging 2 batteries instead of 1 now just for a stereo

your best bet is to upgrade that alternator.

Edited by h2theizzo
Normally i wouldnt argue, but they do in fact help (i wont argue the fact that most ppl use them for looks....). A second battery will make your problems worse. This is because a second battery will put more strain on your alternator. Now your alternator would have to charge two batteries instead of just one, wich is hooked up to your stereo. so that defeats the purpose since its charging 2 batteries instead of 1 now just for a stereo

your best bet is to upgrade that alternator.

well adding 2 batteries wouldn't hurt anything as long as the draw from then was lower the 35 amps because they would stay charged and and there would be no need for the alt to charge them hence no strain, but if the draw is greater then the 35 amp output then you will have a problem

but yes the alt upgrade would be the best bet and teh only thing that is gonna really help

Quote from: Car Audio Capacitors - Why You Can't Do Without Them

"A capacitor is a bit similar to your car battery; it stores electrical energy. But unlike a battery it doesn't produce its own power, it simply stores it."

News flash .... a capacitor is VERY like a battery. A battery doesn't produce it's own power, it only stores it. The alternator produces the power. There is no extra strain on an alternator if you have two or ten batteries connected to it. If it is rated at 35 amp output then that's what it puts out, it can't work any harder.

If you have a draw of over 35 amps on a 35 amp alternator it will eventually drain the battery. An extra battery will extend this time by double. A 1 farad cap will hardly store any extra power, a second battery would be much better. A 90 amp alternator... even better.

Edited by datzenmike
Quote from:

News flash .... a capacitor is VERY like a battery. A battery doesn't produce it's own power, it only stores it. The alternator produces the power. There is no extra strain on an alternator if you have two or ten batteries connected to it. If it is rated at 35 amp output then that's what it puts out, it can't work any harder.

If you have a draw of over 35 amps on a 35 amp alternator it will eventually drain the battery. An extra battery will extend this time by double. A 1 farad cap will hardly store any extra power, a second battery would be much better. A 90 amp alternator... even better.

kinda sounds like what i said

I have a decent set up in my truck....head unit, 2 amps, 2 10" subs. and a set of mid, tweeds...never had a problem...I remember years ago, i use to have a system that you could hear 3 blocks away, 4-12s, 4-5 1/4s, 4-tweeds. 4 amps, 2 electronic crossovers,All custom done on amp racks and the 12s in a wedge. it was ran off of 2 deep cycle batteries, and a higher output altenator, cant remember the amp output...But man that system bumped..Sold the truck to a kid and 2 weeks after I sold it to him all the stuff got stolen out of the truck, they took the whole box set up, it had the amps 12s etc on it they just lifted it out of the truck. The dad had the nerve of coming to my house an in directly accusing me of the theft....I was like ya your little punk ass son bumps the system all over town and you wonder why it got stolen....sorry got a bit offf topic...best of luck with your new system set up..

LightGreen and Light Green/Red stripe wires go to dash speaker.

Red/Yellow and Red/Blue stripe wires are for illumination, on with dash lights.

Black/Blue stripe goes to ground.

Black/Brown stripe comes from the fuse box. On with Ign.and Accy..

for the stereo, trace the wire from the back of the fusebox. you need 2.. one from a constant power source and the other is switched with the key.

as for the charging system i'm royally pissed off at datsun alternators and reglators.. after goin through 4 remans (2 were bearing failures.. damn high revving highway driving) and 2 regulators i stuck a big fucking chrome 100amp GM alternator on there :)

all u have to do is grind the one tab down and it bolts in ;)

have had NO troubles with the one wire set up, my dash lights are brighter and and my lights dont dim when the turn signals turn on.. and no more boiled out batterys!! the stock setup killed 2 batteries!! fuck!

the only thing crappy i've noticed with the giant alternator is it seems to not rev up as fast as it did before.. A power pulley should change that though :fu: